ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATE Intel on a few Grayson prospects, including Nick Brooks and Tyler Atkinson

LanceMcCurley

Letterman and National Champion
Staff
Aug 14, 2023
Athens, Ga.
I visited Grayson's walkthrough practice today before the Rams head to Alabaster, Alabama, tomorrow to take on Thompson High School. Here are a few notes on some kids I talked to today:

• First, we will start with 2025 four-star offensive tackle Nick Brooks. On Friday, the 6-foot-8, 385-pounder will commit to Georgia, Texas, and USC. Brooks gave great quotes on the Bulldogs and Longhorns, but so much about the Trojans. Brooks and Georgia offensive line coach Stacey Searels go way back. Searels has recruited Brooks since he was in the eighth grade. He said the Georgia staff compares him to Broderick Jones. The Bulldogs have asserted themselves as one of the top schools for the nation's No. 174 prospect in the 2025 class, but sources close to the situation say Texas has a slight edge going into Friday.

• Class of 2025 defensive tackle Josiah Victor is a new name for Georgia fans to know. He earned an offer from the Bulldogs in June, and the staff has been in contact with him. Tray Scott is his primary recruiter. The three-star prospect said Scott loves his twitchiness. "[Coach Scott] doesn't look for size. He looks for talent," Victor said. He said he earned the offer after a 7-on-7 camp in Athens. The staff wants him as a 3-technique. While Victor is currently committed to Boston College, he's keeping his options open as Georgia, Florida, and Mississippi State are the three SEC schools contacting him on a weekly basis.

• Tyler Atkinson, the Class of 2026's No. 9 overall player, is a top target for Georgia in the upcoming cycle. He's been to Athens numerous times. The bond between him and Georgia's Glenn Schumann is "unbreakable." Head coach Kirby Smart is also personally invested in the five-star's recruitment. Atkinson doesn't plan on committing anytime soon, but Georgia is at the top of his list. He plans to visit UGA again this fall for a game.

• Waylon Wooten is a new name to know. I learned of the 6-foot-2, 355-pound prospect on my way to Loganville. This afternoon, Wooten announced on Twitter that he earned an offer from Georgia, which was timely for both of us. After spending last season at Cedar Grove, Wooten is a rising star for the Rams. Wooten spoke with Tray Scott on the phone, and the Georgia position coach offered him on the spot. "He told me about how important it is to keep taking [the process] step by step to be the greatest at your position," Wooten said he plans on visiting Athens "sometime this fall" for a game and getting to know Scott more.
  • Joel Bradford is another 2027 prospect at Grayson with an offer from Georgia. The 5-foot-10, 180-pound running back earned an offer from the Bulldogs at a 7-on-7 camp this summer. Bradford is developing a relationship with Josh Crawford, who likes his "speed and vision." Bradford calls Georgia "RBU" and is well aware of the number of former Bulldog running backs in the NFL. He's a name to watch over the next few years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.