ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATE Intel on Lagonza Hayward

LanceMcCurley

Letterman and National Champion
Staff
Aug 14, 2023
Athens, Ga.
Georgia has been making up a lot of ground with four-star safety Lagonza Hayward in the last month. The Dawgs are now at the top of the list with Tennessee for Hayward after his official visit this past weekend. We reported that safeties coach Travaris Robinson randomly popped up at one of his spring practices last month and Georgia was back in it from that day moving forward. Hayward got more clarification on why the staff went cold on him after his offer on Feb. 28 up until to that point. He was told Robinson wanted to see what kind of player he was on the field. And the Lyon, Ga., native impressed the Georgia coach with leadership and athletic ability at the practice. Also on the visit, Hayward hung out long-time friend and current Georgia player Demello Jones, who wants him to become a Bulldog. Jones raved about the past semester he spent in Athens, which Hayward said helped Georgia’s chances. Lastly, when asked about NIL today, Hayward gave this answer: “I mean, I don’t care about NIL. I’d rather be developed and then go get the real money in the NFL.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News