ADVERTISEMENT

It just keeps going…

People making $40k don’t pay the same taxes, so they likely bring home $35, which is almost $2,900, so is it a good idea to pay $1,600 for a mortgage. Not the worst idea since interest and taxes are deductible… And better than paying $1,600 in rent
the rule of thumb is 28% of your monthly gross (mortgage payment).....including taxes and insurance. So, on 40K, the base payment would be around $900 monthly (w/o taxes and insurance). So, if you do a FHA loan (3.5% down) and the way interest rates are now......you are looking for a home less than 100K, unless you are bringing more money to the table.

I think your math is WAY off which is scary....unless a person does not want to live/save.

Hard to believe you are a "loan officer", if so....it's even more scary.

Last edited:
It isn’t affordable. 40k bring home is about 2500 a month after taxes. Is this a typo or am I missing something? And where did he say that? If I am mis reading your post I apologize. If I am not, you literally couldn’t be more wrong.

If you are saying 40k after taxes that is 3300 a month. That is on the brink. One banana peel and you are done. You can’t both buy cars either.

Remedial budgeting. 1600 for the house. 500 for utilities. Forget having cable.
2100. Two cars. 400 dollar payment. Really low. 2500. Insurance for the cars 200 per month. 2700 dollars. Gas for said cars 400 per month. 3100 dollars. Forget eating I guess. No groceries. No entertainment. No health insurance. Better not have a student loan payment. A cell phone. Hope you don’t have to buy furniture. Forget having kids. If trans, forget cutting it off. I am leaving out tons of things here as well. No where close to being affordable in reality. Shit. Under those circumstances if your car breaks down you better just leave it on the side of the road. Payne if you truly believe this you are completely out of touch with reality. Which completely proves my point. WOW!!
This economy is built for only the rich and elites.

That’s Wall Street for you they love Biden.
Let me make sure I understand your comment here, I think you are saying that Wall Street loves Biden so much that they are manipulating the market to make it go higher.

If they didn’t like Trump, why did they let the market get to record highs at the time when he was President?

Let me make sure I understand your comment here, I think you are saying that Wall Street loves Biden so much that they are manipulating the market to make it go higher.

If they didn’t like Trump, why did they let the market get to record highs at the time when he was President?
The fake money is helping Biden’s economy and Wall Street always loves the Democrats. They had no choice on Trump’s economy because it was all true.

Reactions: DawglegrightinSC
Its almost as though you guys are arguing for some sort of minimum "earning standard" that's structured to keep up with inflation. Thats a fantastic idea.

You're a good Dad, support is what they need most....that is really all you can do.

May have mentioned this before, my oldest daughter (26) teaches at a middle school. She is going on 4 years now and seems to love what she is doing, fortunately for her and us. They definitely do not pay enough for teachers nor law enforcement imo. You would think with all of the shortages they would have stepped up with more pay by now.

My youngest graduates college in another few months......it will be another adventure. Can understand exactly what you are going through. It all is a delicate balance, good luck to you.......I am sure it all will work out.
Thanks brother. It is a roller coaster ride for sure

Its almost as though you guys are arguing for some sort of minimum "earning standard" that's structured to keep up with inflation. Thats a fantastic idea.
That's called a perpetual inflation machine. It drives poverty and economic collapse.

Education in marketable skills is how you improve lives. There is no government driven substitute.

Yet 71% of Republicans think the economy is getting worse…definitely not a real party. Definitely a cult. 100% of Republicans here keep complaining about the economy despite 3.3% Q1 GDP growth and 3.7% unemployment.

Citizens gonna love being taxed for the upkeep of 10 million plus illegals joe and his handlers have let in…I see where the Biden govt started giving out $1k preapproved credit cards to give them each month…that doesn’t include the free room and board, healthcare, among other benefits they get. Wait till we find out more regarding crime like beating the cop up in NYC. Biden and his team along withe the dim voters are a disgrace…we can talk about the looting and daily stealing because of the stupid ass dim laws another day.

Unfortunately that is what Biden has tried to put in place. So far it hasn’t worked. Although with what is going on in other areas I can’t put it all on him. He has left the every day person behind. We will see how mad they are. The every day base of voters that never waver. I see them daily. And man they are pissed and frustrated sho. People focus on the middle. I don’t think that’s where the pubs win if they do. It will be from the hard core base of Dems. This admin has been messing with their budgets and money for three years straight. Will they continue to vote for the same bowl of crap.

Another thing those stats don’t delineate is how many of these jobs are govt jobs. Which are actually net losses for the average consumer. The govt job sector is the only sector that has grown the last couple months, I think that was the time frame.

just more smoke and mirrors from the govt

Unfortunately that is what Biden has tried to put in place. So far it hasn’t worked. Although with what is going on in other areas I can’t put it all on him. He has left the every day person behind. We will see how mad they are. The every day base of voters that never waver. I see them daily. And man they are pissed and frustrated sho. People focus on the middle. I don’t think that’s where the pubs win if they do. It will be from the hard core base of Dems. This admin has been messing with their budgets and money for three years straight. Will they continue to vote for the same bowl of crap.
Most all dims and pubs will vote the same way this time around again…I’m waiting to see how the Latino’s and black vote goes higher w/ pubs this cycle. We hear how blacks are looking at the possibility of more will vote for Trump than last time. Trump only got around 12% of the black vote last election. That’s after they saw the black population do better in most every facet compared to any other president ever under Trump. The Latino voted around 30 something % Trump thanks to the Cuban population had a higher favor of Trump. Same thing, Latinos were better off under Trump than ever in the past, but Trump still was in the 30 % threshold with the Latino vote. Those 2 sectors are locked in with demoncrats…wtf is up with that? Why do they seem to vote as one unlike whites that vote republican and Democrat in much higher numbers % wise?

Most all dims and pubs will vote the same way this time around again…I’m waiting to see how the Latino’s and black vote goes higher w/ pubs this cycle. We hear how blacks are looking at the possibility of more will vote for Trump than last time. Trump only got around 12% of the black vote last election. That’s after they saw the black population do better in most every facet compared to any other president ever under Trump. The Latino voted around 30 something % Trump thanks to the Cuban population had a higher favor of Trump. Same thing, Latinos were better off under Trump than ever in the past, but Trump still was in the 30 % threshold with the Latino vote. Those 2 sectors are locked in with demoncrats…wtf is up with that? Why do they seem to vote as one unlike whites that vote republican and Democrat in much higher numbers % wise?
That is some of the base I was talking about. They never waver. No matter what. Ever.

A $230k house with a $1,600 a month payment, which is affordable to two working adults making a COMBINED $40k a year is your demarcation line that the economy isn’t working? That’s two people making $10 an hour each buying a house together. You might be insane.

I'd like to see the budget of a household, on a combined $40,000 income, purchasing a $230k home.

You are a loan officer? Show me the math.

Deduct the following, from $40,000 and show me a $1600 a month payment

Income tax
Social security
Home owners Insurance
Property Taxes
Utilities (electricity, water, sanitation)
Upkeep costs

Remember, you still haven't bought any clothes, shoes, or personal items. You haven't saved a dime for retirement. You haven't bought life insurance, or health insurance, or dental insurance. You haven't budgeted a quarter for emergencies.

Are you going to walk to work, or drive? Then you have to have gasoline and insurance.

Does the hypothetical family have kids? Better take that into account. They get sick, need clothes, etc.

Oh, and by the way....you haven't eaten yet!

A $230,000 house on a $40,000 income is not realistic. That's 6x one's annual income, before tax. Ridiculous.

Last edited:
the rule of thumb is 28% of your monthly gross (mortgage payment).....including taxes and insurance. So, on 40K, the base payment would be around $900 monthly (w/o taxes and insurance). So, if you do a FHA loan (3.5% down) and the way interest rates are now......you are looking for a home less than 100K, unless you are bringing more money to the table.

I think your math is WAY off which is scary....unless a person does not want to live/save.

Hard to believe you are a "loan officer", if so....it's even more scary.
The ‘rule of thumb’ doesn’t usually apply to first time homebuyers.

And I will admit my math was a little off as I’d had some wine. Low 40% front end is doable. Likely need about $50-55k in annual income to purchase a $230k home, which is still two people working full-time and making ~$13 an hour. VA can be even higher DTI with 3.3% to no down payment. If in a rural area, then USDA is an option, also with no down payment, but needs a lower DTI.

The fake money is helping Biden’s economy and Wall Street always loves the Democrats. They had no choice on Trump’s economy because it was all true.
lolz. GDP growth begs to differ... Rs added 2T to the debt for no gain, which resulted in buybacks the goosed the market

Reactions: shonuff253
That's called a perpetual inflation machine. It drives poverty and economic collapse.

Education in marketable skills is how you improve lives. There is no government driven substitute.

lolz. GDP growth begs to differ... Rs added 2T to the debt for no gain, which resulted in buybacks the goosed
lolz. GDP growth begs to differ... Rs added 2T to the debt for no gain, which resulted in buybacks the goosed the market
You Dems are cooking the books. This is all propaganda, how much has Biden added to the debt? How much has he borrowed from China to keep the economy looking good and for supporting the illegals that he is letting into the country.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT