ADVERTISEMENT

It took me retiring before I started posting my political lean

OlecountryDawg

Pillar of the DawgVent
Jan 24, 2008
when I was on social media. Also I did not friend co workers . I look at this as a negative when you wear a law enforcement uniform or a fire jacket . You most show no bias . Regardless if you agree or disagree . When you openly show bias it’s stains your ability to look as a unbiased peace maker .

yes I had bias but I tried not to show it and deal with the concern and problem as fairly as I could . This officer brings into question can he be fair when that happens your career is over . https://www.newsmax.com/us/harry-du...WVpj5YqSu9mccjxgGvGmOBeh6CaXe70cS2TQltCn9jGA8

Reactions: Va Beach Dawg
I want my LEO'S to be people in my community. My community is diverse, has a wide range of backgrounds and family structures. It is straight to LGBTQ. There are people in my community who are very conservative, and very liberal. I want my police to be of my community. What sucks, is, that my police aren't paid well, so we get a lot of LEO'S without the education level, nor money levels of my community. I'd be happy for more of my taxes to go to police. But in my community, no matter how I've voted, the city has taken money from the police. So my community is down at least 82 LEOs and half of what is there are brand new with very little experience. Sad. And why my community wants to split from the larger city we are a part of.

I want my LEO'S to be people in my community. My community is diverse, has a wide range of backgrounds and family structures. It is straight to LGBTQ. There are people in my community who are very conservative, and very liberal. I want my police to be of my community. What sucks, is, that my police aren't paid well, so we get a lot of LEO'S without the education level, nor money levels of my community. I'd be happy for more of my taxes to go to police. But in my community, no matter how I've voted, the city has taken money from the police. So my community is down at least 82 LEOs and half of what is there are brand new with very little experience. Sad. And why my community wants to split from the larger city we are a part of.

I understand the mix blend you want your police department to be . Education seems to always be the highest request. So without me sounding like I’m bashing that , let me say many professors in criminal justice never worked the streets or a jail . They just got their education and criminal justice doesn’t get into being an officer and dealing with the problem you call 911 about . It’s not like going to get a two year degree to become a plumber or AC or welder where you getting real life on the job training.

So here what I wish they would do . Most academy’s are 10 to 22 weeks long . Everything jam pack and hitting the high points and hearing don’t worry your FTO will show you the rest . I think academy’s should be longer . Where you get more classroom and plus on the job training and then back to the classroom, however it would take people understanding there maybe screw ups a long in the process . I don’t think I society can handle that now .

Police should start at six figures, don’t raise my taxes, defund all social/welfare programs, there is plenty of money to pay police much more. All charity should be handled by church’s and charities.

Church and charities dont have to get elected so that wont ever happen.

Reactions: George Hayduke
I understand the mix blend you want your police department to be . Education seems to always be the highest request. So without me sounding like I’m bashing that , let me say many professors in criminal justice never worked the streets or a jail . They just got their education and criminal justice doesn’t get into being an officer and dealing with the problem you call 911 about . It’s not like going to get a two year degree to become a plumber or AC or welder where you getting real life on the job training.

So here what I wish they would do . Most academy’s are 10 to 22 weeks long . Everything jam pack and hitting the high points and hearing don’t worry your FTO will show you the rest . I think academy’s should be longer . Where you get more classroom and plus on the job training and then back to the classroom, however it would take people understanding there maybe screw ups a long in the process . I don’t think I society can handle that now .
I agree with most of that, but give me some of the art students who are pacifists, the women's studies or African Arts majors. They studied but more importantly, had to figure out how to learn. I don't think all need to go to college, either, buy the cops I know that quit zone 2 atl last year, 3 were college grads and 2 were hs-only, and all three college grads rose higher in the ranks.

Regardless, they all quit because of ATL policies and political issues... of those 5, 2 were white, 3 black.

Ain’t that the truth? I look back on all the CJ professors I had in college and a vast majority of them were liberals with sociology backgrounds. I think only 2-3 actually had LE background.

Issue as always is funding. A lot of counties/cities can’t wait that long for new hires to be ready to hit the street. Even if it would be better for the agency. Had a GPSTC instructor once say the reason the jailer/detention officer program is so short (two weeks) in GA is because the states Sheriff’s couldn’t afford to be without the staffing for longer. Probably why you see so many issues in the jails combined with shitty pay.

Good approach OP. It’s kind of unwritten but you are better off not mixing religion/politics and work. It’s very unfortunate that in the world we live in LEO’s are thrown into the middle of politics anyway. Makes a hard job even harder than it should me.

I agree with most of that, but give me some of the art students who are pacifists, the women's studies or African Arts majors. They studied but more importantly, had to figure out how to learn. I don't think all need to go to college, either, buy the cops I know that quit zone 2 atl last year, 3 were college grads and 2 were hs-only, and all three college grads rose higher in the ranks.

Regardless, they all quit because of ATL policies and political issues... of those 5, 2 were white, 3 black.

to be honest I haven’t ran into or working with many officers that held off the wall degrees in majors you speak of . In fact I can’t think of any .

I have worked with many education degree holders and social worker degrees . A few businesses degrees . Heather had a nursing degree she had a BSN .

I’m sure there some that hold those degrees but I never worked with any that I recall . I even worked with a guy that had a psychology degree.

of course the criminal justice majors . There was eight on my crew and 6 had degrees .

to be honest I haven’t ran into or working with many officers that held off the wall degrees in majors you speak of . In fact I can’t think of any .

I have worked with many education degree holders and social worker degrees . A few businesses degrees . Heather had a nursing degree she had a BSN .

I’m sure there some that hold those degrees but I never worked with any that I recall . I even worked with a guy that had a psychology degree.

of course the criminal justice majors . There was eight on my crew and 6 had degrees .
Just trying to find those peeps some work. I was being facetious.

Grown men should not be on social media, other than these here college football message boards.

when I was on social media. Also I did not friend co workers . I look at this as a negative when you wear a law enforcement uniform or a fire jacket . You most show no bias . Regardless if you agree or disagree . When you openly show bias it’s stains your ability to look as a unbiased peace maker .

yes I had bias but I tried not to show it and deal with the concern and problem as fairly as I could . This officer brings into question can he be fair when that happens your career is over . https://www.newsmax.com/us/harry-du...WVpj5YqSu9mccjxgGvGmOBeh6CaXe70cS2TQltCn9jGA8
This is news? If you saw his testimony his views were right there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT