ADVERTISEMENT

It turns out that Trump is broke as a haint

DAWG1980

National Champion
Jan 25, 2002
To summarize the NYT story: Trump got a bunch of $ from his daddy. He lost it all, but then he got paid hundreds of millions to play a billionaire on TV. He tried to use that $ to become a real billionaire, but he lost it all again.

Last edited:
To summarize the NYT story: Trump got a bunch of $ from his daddy. He lost it all, but then he got paid hundreds of millions to play a billionaire on TV. He tried to use that $ to become a real billionaire, but he lost it all again.

Yeah, he should have gone to Washington much sooner, just think how rich he would be now. If only his last name was Biden or Clinton, he would be crazy rich.

Also, for the financially illiterate ITT...broke people cannot borrow money to develop properties. And they most certainly cannot borrow money for many decades and develop countless other properties without a history of performance.

Also, for the financially illiterate ITT...broke people cannot borrow money to develop properties. And they most certainly cannot borrow money for many decades and develop countless other properties without a history of performance.

Ever heard of "land poor"? Also, we know nothing official about who he borrowed from or on what terms. The only thing that's pretty clear is that he's owned.

Ever heard of "land poor"? Also, we know nothing official about who he borrowed from or on what terms. The only thing that's pretty clear is that he's owned.
He's owned because he has outstanding debt on real estate ventures?

I guess you didn’t understand.

Lenders - I don’t care who they are - don’t loan money on developments or developers that don’t perform. And large commercial developers cannot survive without leverage, which is basic finance.

Lenders - I don’t care who they are - don’t loan money on developments or developers that don’t perform. And large commercial developers cannot survive without leverage, which is basic finance.

I don't dispute that there will be a price for him if he doesn't keep being president. Because, hm, what use might it be to have leverage over someone in a position of power? If you hadn't noticed, he is also president of the United States.

Reactions: Jacket Squasher
I don't dispute that there will be a price for him if he doesn't keep being president. Because, hm, what use might it be to have leverage over someone in a position of power? If you hadn't noticed, he is also president of the United States.
Got it. So these loans were made to Trump once it was evident that he was going to be president, so that lenders could have leverage over someone in a position of power.

Got it. So these loans were made to Trump once it was evident that he was going to be president, so that lenders could have leverage over someone in a position of power.
You borrow money in real estate. And it is secured by the property first, and personally guaranteed as additional collateral. In other news, water is wet. And the sky is blue. Media’s understanding of business is synonymous with Gator fans understanding of anything about football beyond Tim Tebow.

You borrow money in real estate. And it is secured by the property first, and personally guaranteed as additional collateral. In other news, water is wet. And the sky is blue. Media’s understanding of business is synonymous with Gator fans understanding of anything about football beyond Tim Tebow.
Furthermore the concept of being worth billions and not having taxable income in certain years is nothing new. You aren’t taxed on wealth. You are taxed on money made in a certain year. And in real estate, depreciation defers your taxable income until the property is sold. You want to see huge taxes and loans repaid? Simply sell your holdings. Unless you are selling a lot of stuff or earning fees, you ain’t paying much if any taxes on real estate. Which is entirely appropriate given the fact you’ve already invested already taxed dollars to own real estate.

Yes, I completely understand how it all works. Just curious about Marmot's understanding, as it seems to be pretty limited.

Definitely requires a lack of intellect to attempt to understand someone’s net worth from their 1040. In an article from the NYT.

It's truly pathetic at this point to watch these morons run around banging drums while showing a complete ignorance on the subject whilealso believing the drivel from a "media" sources that've led them astray & making fools out of them time & time again.

Actually it's hilarious

Don't worry he's going to pay of Putin with all the mail boxes he stole.

tenor.gif

I love all the "Mr" and "Sir" as if this is some parliamentary forum all of a sudden. So offended. So obsequious. "Honestly, sir, I'll beg your pardon!"

You didn’t answer his question yet...

What exactly has he done since Jan17 to destroy the country. Could you give me some evidence of specific things he has done to destroy the country Mr.?

Reactions: dogstud
Furthermore the concept of being worth billions and not having taxable income in certain years is nothing new. You aren’t taxed on wealth. You are taxed on money made in a certain year. And in real estate, depreciation defers your taxable income until the property is sold. You want to see huge taxes and loans repaid? Simply sell your holdings. Unless you are selling a lot of stuff or earning fees, you ain’t paying much if any taxes on real estate. Which is entirely appropriate given the fact you’ve already invested already taxed dollars to own real estate.
Even when selling, gains are often deferred by reinvesting through a 1031 exchange.

Well dang then. Let’s just elect Biden.

• Haha
Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
Wow... that’s a lot of things... amazing he’ll be re-elected for 4 more years... wish the media knew all these things and would report on them day/night for years... that way the masses of privileged white supremacist could see and understand how awful he is for the World... he’s so mean and orange... ugh!

I'll just continue on with my life and hope he doesn't destroy the country further while I'm alive.

I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

Celtic, as a friend, honest questions and statements.

What has President Trump done to destroy the country?

Economy? It was one of the strongest economies the world has ever seen prior to Covid.

Economy? Nothing any sitting President could do could have changed what happened to the economy under the pandemic.

Economy? The Dem’s wanted to shut it down even further than it was, so I don’t see how any Dem leader could have handled it better. If you think so, please pontificate.

Unemployment? Lowest in almost ever. Lowest in black unemployment ever. Highest average black family income.

Unemployment? Lowest Latino unemployment ever.

Military? Strongest the military has been since it was created.

Taxes? Has not promoted a higher tax rate for working class Americans.

Women? Has employed more women than any sitting President since forever.

Business experience? Has employed more people than all of Dem candidates and all of congress combined.

Has promoted the U.S. and it’s economy as a solution rather than target special interest racial and sex orientation groups to provide concessions.

He is a pro life President. That sits well with me.

Other than those things, how is he destroying America? Give it to me, we can arm wrestle for the winning answer!
Good day!

That's it. I am voting for Biden now. Thanks for showing me the light, OP.

Celtic, as a friend, honest questions and statements.

What has President Trump done to destroy the country?

Economy? It was one of the strongest economies the world has ever seen prior to Covid.

Economy? Nothing any sitting President could do could have changed what happened to the economy under the pandemic.

Economy? The Dem’s wanted to shut it down even further than it was, so I don’t see how any Dem leader could have handled it better. If you think so, please pontificate.

Unemployment? Lowest in almost ever. Lowest in black unemployment ever. Highest average black family income.

Unemployment? Lowest Latino unemployment ever.

Military? Strongest the military has been since it was created.

Taxes? Has not promoted a higher tax rate for working class Americans.

Women? Has employed more women than any sitting President since forever.

Business experience? Has employed more people than all of Dem candidates and all of congress combined.

Has promoted the U.S. and it’s economy as a solution rather than target special interest racial and sex orientation groups to provide concessions.

He is a pro life President. That sits well with me.

Other than those things, how is he destroying America? Give it to me, we can arm wrestle for the winning answer!
Good day!

The economy was doing well, but the President gets more credit than deserved. It was headed in the right direction. And I'm not going to blame him for the economy now. And he didn't do anything for the blacks and other minorities. They were helped by the overall economy. and they are doing poorly, at least here in Florida, because the lower income people aren't being helped. White collar jobs are doing much better than the service economy.

And taxes helped the rich more than the average person. Part of why he hasn't paid much in taxes is because the system helps the rich more than the average or poor person.

But all that doesn't fall under destroying the country.

He has lied so much and tried to undermine the CDC and FDA that the American public no longer have faith in these important institutions. People talk about Sweden doing well and part of that is they trust their public health officials.

He has not helped to bring the country together. I know his supporters want to blame the democrats, but he hasn't helped. He wants to promote more violence at times. And he has contributed to "splitting" the country by trying to play one group of states against the other. I don't think much of him deciding that he will help those states that support him and tell others there are doing a terrible job. If they are, and some are, don't go demeaning them on twitter. Trying to split the country instead of uniting it, is working towards destroying it.

I think he cares more about winning the election than the country. He has been working on bringing chaos to the election process. That is driving the country apart. It's ridiculous how many lawsuits there are already pertaining to the election process. That is undermining the election. And tell me how many lawyers he has in addition just waiting for election day. A hundred years ago or so, people trying to vote were killed. I hope we don't see anything like that, but I'm not comfortable that everything will be peaceful.

I think by failing to believe in global warming that will cause problems for the country this century. He finally agreed to not drill off Florida. I really don't trust him. He needs Florida and that might be worth a few votes. If he has another four years I wouldn't be surprised if he reverses that and there will be other damage caused.

He has had trouble trying to continue to be a bully and be President. But now he has found somewhat of a solution. Just issue an executive order whether it's legal or not. It might help get votes. I got something in the mail today and one item was how he was saving people money by not collecting the payroll taxes. How many companies are actually doing that. If he doesn't get Congress to approve then people will owe the money and companies don't want to get involved with that. Just more deceit.

PW, I didn't want to respond, but felt I owed you an answer. I know, I think, what you believe and respect that and we're not going to agree. But as I said, when the election is over, whatever date that is, I'm going to move on and we can have that coffee.

Take care my friend.

I'll just continue on with my life and hope he doesn't destroy the country further while I'm alive.

I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.
Plain and simple. Dems Destroy anything good ethical virtuous or prosperous. It’s not your fault for believing what you do, you simply have no clue

The economy was doing well, but the President gets more credit than deserved. It was headed in the right direction. And I'm not going to blame him for the economy now. And he didn't do anything for the blacks and other minorities. They were helped by the overall economy. and they are doing poorly, at least here in Florida, because the lower income people aren't being helped. White collar jobs are doing much better than the service economy.

And taxes helped the rich more than the average person. Part of why he hasn't paid much in taxes is because the system helps the rich more than the average or poor person.

He has lied so much and tried to undermine the CDC and FDA that the American public no longer have faith in these important institutions. People talk about Sweden doing well and part of that is they trust their public health officials.

He has not helped to bring the country together. I know his supporters want to blame the democrats, but he hasn't helped. He wants to promote more violence at times. And he has contributed to "splitting" the country by trying to play one group of states against the other. I don't think much of him deciding that he will help those states that support him and tell others there are doing a terrible job. If they are, and some are, don't go demeaning them on twitter. Trying to split the country instead of uniting it, is working towards destroying it.

I think he cares more about winning the election than the country. He has been working on bringing chaos to the election process. That is driving the country apart. It's ridiculous how many lawsuits there are already pertaining to the election process. That is undermining the election. And tell me how many lawyers he has in addition just waiting for election day. A hundred years ago or so, people trying to vote were killed. I hope we don't see anything like that, but I'm not comfortable that everything will be peaceful.

I think by failing to believe in global warming that will cause problems for the country this century. He finally agreed to not drill off Florida. I really don't trust him. He needs Florida and that might be worth a few votes. If he has another four years I wouldn't be surprised if he reverses that and there will be other damage caused.

He has had trouble trying to continue to be a bully and be President. But now he has found somewhat of a solution. Just issue an executive order whether it's legal or not. It might help get votes. I got something in the mail today and one item was how he was saving people money by not collecting the payroll taxes. How many companies are actually doing that. If he doesn't get Congress to approve then people will owe the money and companies don't want to get involved with that. Just more deceit.

PW, I didn't want to respond, but felt I owed you an answer. I know, I think, what you believe and respect that and we're not going to agree. But as I said, when the election is over, whatever date that is, I'm going to move on and we can have that coffee.

Take care my friend.
This back and forth between you and PW is how it is done. Respectful dialogue is even more rare than humor is around here lately . I really wish the majority of regulars could communicate like this with each other, and refrain from all the character assassination, and name calling. Well done gentlemen, and have a blessed evening .

What will you do when he wins in November, Sir?

This back and forth between you and PW is how it is done. Respectful dialogue is even more rare than humor is around here lately . I really wish the majority of regulars could communicate like this with each other, and refrain from all the character assassination, and name calling. Well done gentlemen, and have a blessed evening .

so was I,
so will I be.
I'm resigned to my fate...

but it's Not That Bad.

stop being an Esel.

pug could be your best friend if You Stop.
I will not fight nonsense.

the Kinks might enlighten your outlook.

no, you figure it out.
smartass.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
You are correct Sir, but no bank in the western world will lend a penny to Trump.

They have all been burned too many times.

Since leverage is so important to RE developers, if no western bank will lend to Trump (except Deutsche which is under a ton of investigations), where did all the funds come from.

Quick answer, China and Russia.

Reactions: Lionel Mandrake

Take care my friend.

And you will buy that coffee my liberal progressive friend! I do look forward to a cup of coffee with someone I consider a friend.

I, as always, respect your point. Now back to the arm wrestling.

Reactions: celticdawg
And you will buy that coffee my liberal progressive friend! I do look forward to a cup of coffee with someone I consider a friend.

I, as always, respect your point. Now back to the arm wrestling.

Sounds good and let's talk something else besides politics. :)

BTW, it's always great to see the "Bubba Army" logo.

ADVERTISEMENT