ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg It's not a big signee but my son had a pretty good season...

Web-Dawg

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Dec 19, 2002
Just going to brag on my boy for a hot minute...
At 13 he asked if he could join the TREAD program...which is a pitchers developmental program out of Charlotte. They develop all sorts of pitchers at the high school, college and pro levels. We talked it over and he understood that he had to be the one that kept up with the routines/workouts/throwing/etc. Well, here we are...9 months later and he has gone from 73 to 81 and goes through a workout like butter. I mean...I've coached over 30 years and not sure I've seen anyone work as hard as he does.

We went through his JV Season (as an 8th grader)...won pitcher of the year for his school in JV...
Then proceeded to lead his Travel Team in Innings Pitched/ERA/First Pitch Strikes/Strike %/etc...
His last two outings were complete games where he gave up 2 ER's total against some of the better comp in the US. Total pitches in those 2 starts? 125 combined...

He's 5'11' and about 200lbs...because his legs are tree trunks...and will probably be somewhere around 6'3" or 6'4" before it's all said and done. He's 5" taller than I was as a sophomore in HS. He's not one of the "elites" in terms of velocity right now but he hasn't even hit puberty yet. If he can hit 85 next year as a Freshman I'm going to go ahead and call it...he'll be 93-95 by his SR Year.

Proud dad rant over...just amazed at the kids discipline and work ethic...and maybe one day he'll be a Dawg...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.