ADVERTISEMENT

July would be unbearable ...

Definitely feel like the only dude from SoGa that doesn't care if a tomato was ever grown again.
I hated them up until about 4 years ago when I started trying homegrown tomatoes on toasted bread with bacon, dukes, cheese, salt and pepper...Changed my life. I still don’t really like them any other time of year when you can’t get them local.

I hated them up until about 4 years ago when I started trying homegrown tomatoes on toasted bread with bacon, dukes, cheese, salt and pepper...Changed my life. I still don’t really like them any other time of year when you can’t get them local.
Add a seasoned seared ground beef patty to that and you've got something good.

I'm the same way. I literally don't like tomatoes on anything else.

Nothing wrong with Dukes, as I grew up in Ga and that is all my mom would use, but living in NC 45 years (less 5 living in China), JFG is my mayo of choice...My daughter actually sent some JFG mayo and other comfort food items (we called it a 'care package') such as grits, to us in China... Toasted white bread, crisp bacon, iceberg lettuce, fresh from the garden tomato, salt and a little pepper with JFG mayo......that will do it for sure! Everyone enjoy the weather, and try to stay cool! GO DAWGS!

try putting that back in the toaster until the cheese is melted!!! Called a tomato blitz.

Bologna and cheese w/ lettuce, tomato, mayo . Now that I live in Ky it's Heinz mayo but growing up in GA. it was Blue Plate , only mayo Mom would use .

ADVERTISEMENT