ADVERTISEMENT

Just an Opinion

aikendawg96

National Champion
Gold Member
Jul 26, 2023
Last night was not good. Like worst game in two years since the Mizzou debacle in 22. I think what we saw was a bad combination of some team drama late in the week, a full seven days of hearing nothing but how bad Kentucky was (which as Kirby kind of confirmed in his post game ESPN interview the team listened to) and going on the road at night in our first SEC game of the year. Not to mention, we perhaps lost our All- American RG for an extended period of time if not all year.

Now, let’s think about the positives. I am not one of the many that think the world is ending and we will probably end up 9-3 or maybe even 8-4. Like it has been said countless times, we have had one of these clunker games every year for the past three years. Sure, our next game is against Bama and that is going to be a stout test, there is no denying that. But, let’s remember that statistic about Kirby with more than seven days to prepare. Not to mention, it’s two weeks of our players hearing nothing but how bad we looked, and how we probably have no chance of going in and beating Alabama at their house at night in prime time. We all remember that that is the exact reverse of how it has the last few times we have played Alabama. Plus, this is the same Bama team that kept us out of the CFP and a chance at a 3-peat. Oh yeah, and I have no doubt that the clip of Milroe saying he could look in our eyes and tell we were not going to win and that we had given up last year in the SECCG will be played multiple times in the lead up to this game for the players to hear. Georgia will be out for blood, I can almost guarantee that. And hopefully, we have our full compliment at DL including first round pick Mykel Williams.

Last night we did not see anywhere close to the same Kentucky team that showed up in Lexington against South Carolina. In two weeks, we will all see a different Georgia team. Will it be enough to win? Who really knows, but I think the more physcial team will win, and I believe that will be us. Only time will tell what this Georgia team can be, but this fans opinion is that we should write the Dawgs off just yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.