ADVERTISEMENT

Just Finished Michael Lewis’ book...

jbpayne32

Letterman and National Champion
Dec 29, 2014
The Fifth Risk about the Trump Transition. One of the best writers out there, (The Blind Side, Moneyball, etc) and the level of incompetence in the Trump presidency, specifically the transition, is just unimaginable. Just sheer corruption and stupidity. Some samples:

“By August, 130 people were showing up every day, and hundreds more working part-time, at Trump transition headquarters, on the corner of Seventeenth Street and Pennsylvania Avenue. The transition team made lists of likely candidates for all five hundred jobs, plus other lists of informed people to roll into the various federal agencies the day after the election, to be briefed on whatever the federal agencies were doing. They gathered the names for these lists by traveling the country and talking to people: Republicans who had served in government, Trump’s closest advisers, recent occupants of the jobs that needed filling. Then they set about investigating any candidates for glaring flaws and embarrassing secrets and conflicts of interest. At the end of each week Christie handed over binders, with lists of names of people who might do the jobs well, to Jared and Donald and Eric and the others. “They probed everything,” says a senior Trump transition official. “ ‘Who is this person?’ ‘Where did this person come from?’ They only ever rejected one person, Paul Manafort’s secretary.” The first time Donald Trump paid attention to any of this was when he read about it in the newspaper. The story revealed that Trump’s very own transition team, led by New Jersey governor Chris Christie, had raised several million dollars to pay the staff. The moment he saw it, Trump called Steve Bannon, the chief executive of his campaign, from his office, on the twenty-sixth floor of Trump Tower, and told him to come immediately to his residence, many floors above. Bannon stepped off the elevator to find the governor of New Jersey seated on a sofa, being hollered at. Trump was apoplectic, actually yelling, You’re stealing my money! You’re stealing my ****ing money! What the **** is this?? Seeing Bannon, Trump turned on him and screamed, Why are you letting him steal my ****ing money? Bannon and Christie together set out to explain to Trump federal law. Months before the election, the law said, the nominees of the two major parties were expected to prepare to take control of the government. The government supplied them with office space in downtown Washington, DC, along with computers and trash cans and so on, but the campaigns paid their people. To which Trump replied, **** the law. I don’t give a **** about the law. I want my ****ing money. Bannon and Christie tried to explain that Trump couldn’t have both his money and a transition. Shut it down, said Trump. Shut down the transition.”

“Not long after the people on TV announced that Trump had won Pennsylvania, Jared Kushner grabbed Christie anxiously and said, “We have to have a transition meeting tomorrow morning!” Even before that meeting, Christie had made sure that Trump knew the protocol for his discussions with foreign leaders. The transition team had prepared a document to let him know how these were meant to go. The first few calls were easy—the very first was always with the prime minister of Great Britain—but two dozen calls in you were talking to some kleptocrat and tiptoeing around sensitive security issues. Before any of the calls could be made, however, the president of Egypt called in to the switchboard at Trump Tower and somehow got the operator to put him straight through to Trump. “Trump was like . . . I love the Bangles! You know that song ‘Walk Like an Egyptian’?” recalled one of his advisers on the scene.”

“As I drove out of Hanford, the Trump administration unveiled its budget for the Department of Energy. ARPA-E had since won the praise of business leaders from Bill Gates to Lee Scott, the former CEO of Walmart, to Fred Smith, the Republican founder of FedEx, who has said that “pound for pound, dollar for dollar, activity for activity, it’s hard to find a more effective thing government has done than ARPA-E.” Trump’s first budget eliminated ARPA-E altogether. It also eliminated the spectacularly successful $ 70 billion loan program. It cut funding to the national labs in a way that implies the laying off of six thousand of their people. It eliminated all research on climate change. It halved the funding for work to secure the electrical grid from attack or natural disaster. “All the risks are science-based,” said John MacWilliams when he saw the budget. “You can’t gut the science. If you do, you are hurting the country. If you gut the core competency of the DOE, you gut the country.””

The Fifth Risk about the Trump Transition. One of the best writers out there, (The Blind Side, Moneyball, etc) and the level of incompetence in the Trump presidency, specifically the transition, is just unimaginable. Just sheer corruption and stupidity. Some samples:

“By August, 130 people were showing up every day, and hundreds more working part-time, at Trump transition headquarters, on the corner of Seventeenth Street and Pennsylvania Avenue. The transition team made lists of likely candidates for all five hundred jobs, plus other lists of informed people to roll into the various federal agencies the day after the election, to be briefed on whatever the federal agencies were doing. They gathered the names for these lists by traveling the country and talking to people: Republicans who had served in government, Trump’s closest advisers, recent occupants of the jobs that needed filling. Then they set about investigating any candidates for glaring flaws and embarrassing secrets and conflicts of interest. At the end of each week Christie handed over binders, with lists of names of people who might do the jobs well, to Jared and Donald and Eric and the others. “They probed everything,” says a senior Trump transition official. “ ‘Who is this person?’ ‘Where did this person come from?’ They only ever rejected one person, Paul Manafort’s secretary.” The first time Donald Trump paid attention to any of this was when he read about it in the newspaper. The story revealed that Trump’s very own transition team, led by New Jersey governor Chris Christie, had raised several million dollars to pay the staff. The moment he saw it, Trump called Steve Bannon, the chief executive of his campaign, from his office, on the twenty-sixth floor of Trump Tower, and told him to come immediately to his residence, many floors above. Bannon stepped off the elevator to find the governor of New Jersey seated on a sofa, being hollered at. Trump was apoplectic, actually yelling, You’re stealing my money! You’re stealing my ****ing money! What the **** is this?? Seeing Bannon, Trump turned on him and screamed, Why are you letting him steal my ****ing money? Bannon and Christie together set out to explain to Trump federal law. Months before the election, the law said, the nominees of the two major parties were expected to prepare to take control of the government. The government supplied them with office space in downtown Washington, DC, along with computers and trash cans and so on, but the campaigns paid their people. To which Trump replied, **** the law. I don’t give a **** about the law. I want my ****ing money. Bannon and Christie tried to explain that Trump couldn’t have both his money and a transition. Shut it down, said Trump. Shut down the transition.”

“Not long after the people on TV announced that Trump had won Pennsylvania, Jared Kushner grabbed Christie anxiously and said, “We have to have a transition meeting tomorrow morning!” Even before that meeting, Christie had made sure that Trump knew the protocol for his discussions with foreign leaders. The transition team had prepared a document to let him know how these were meant to go. The first few calls were easy—the very first was always with the prime minister of Great Britain—but two dozen calls in you were talking to some kleptocrat and tiptoeing around sensitive security issues. Before any of the calls could be made, however, the president of Egypt called in to the switchboard at Trump Tower and somehow got the operator to put him straight through to Trump. “Trump was like . . . I love the Bangles! You know that song ‘Walk Like an Egyptian’?” recalled one of his advisers on the scene.”

“As I drove out of Hanford, the Trump administration unveiled its budget for the Department of Energy. ARPA-E had since won the praise of business leaders from Bill Gates to Lee Scott, the former CEO of Walmart, to Fred Smith, the Republican founder of FedEx, who has said that “pound for pound, dollar for dollar, activity for activity, it’s hard to find a more effective thing government has done than ARPA-E.” Trump’s first budget eliminated ARPA-E altogether. It also eliminated the spectacularly successful $ 70 billion loan program. It cut funding to the national labs in a way that implies the laying off of six thousand of their people. It eliminated all research on climate change. It halved the funding for work to secure the electrical grid from attack or natural disaster. “All the risks are science-based,” said John MacWilliams when he saw the budget. “You can’t gut the science. If you do, you are hurting the country. If you gut the core competency of the DOE, you gut the country.””
Are we supposed to think this is bad? Since Lewis was not personally included in any of these meetings or discussions, I assume his sources are people Trump has fired. Was this a comic book?

Are we supposed to think this is bad? Since Lewis was not personally included in any of these meetings or discussions, I assume his sources are people Trump has fired. Was this a comic book?
I guess the thousands of stories are all just fake news? I mean what’s more likely? Hundreds of people make up stories about Trump in some vast conspiracy or the stories are true? I’m going to believe Lewis on this one, not you.

And accepting the truth is hard, but remaining ignorant is easy.

Last edited:
I guess the thousands of stories are all just fake news? I mean what’s more likely? Hundreds of people make up stories about Trump in some vast conspiracy or the stories are true? I’m going to believe Lewis on this one, not you.
I guess the results Trump has achieved must be credited to Obama, big eared, sissy boy.
I think Trumps success speaks volumes for the past dem administrations that drove this country into a path of bigger government control and diminished freedom for American citizens as a whole. You can take that science fiction and stuff it.

Last edited:

To answer your first question, yes.

But to be fair and to assume that you are sincere and speaking the truth, please name the “thousands of stories” so that we are educated more on the evils of our current sitting President.

No need to list alphabetically or in time chronological order, just list them randomly. I am sure, because of the obvious misdeeds, that it will be easy to cut and paste, so you won’t have to do the actual research yourself to back your truthful, non-biased statement. I am sure they are so blatantly obvious, they have been shared and documented.

You said it, back it up. I mean, what’s more likely, some partisan poster comes on this board lying with political bravado, or he can back up his claim about “thousands of stories” because he has researched and read each one?

I appreciate your concern about fake news and misinformation. Your pursuit of the truth is heartwarming. Thank you.

This is extremely meaningful to me, coming from a guy with dog balls in his avatar.
Dog balls? Literally no balls in that photo...and it’s UGA, so...what’s your point or just being willfully ignorant again?

Glad you believe this.Al Sharpton for you on line for you on line2

Well that certainly explains why our economy/jobs market is humming while the rest of the world is struggling.

The Fifth Risk about the Trump Transition. One of the best writers out there, (The Blind Side, Moneyball, etc) and the level of incompetence in the Trump presidency, specifically the transition, is just unimaginable. Just sheer corruption and stupidity. Some samples: ...

What a bunch of garbage!.
Yes it was gloriously chaotic after the RATs who thought they owned the country got thrown out on their ass. So what?
The country is stronger, more prosperous and is dealing with critical problems the past several presidents refused to address.
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of tyrants".

Last edited:
What a bunch of garbage!.
Yes it was gloriously chaotic after the RATs who thought they owned the country got thrown out on their ass. So what?
The country is stronger, more prosperous and is dealing with critical problems the past several presidents refused to address.
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed form time to time with the blood of tyrants".
That quote in your post is so true, and there are many including me that are ready if needed to protect that liberty on the home front.

nobody cares...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT