ADVERTISEMENT

Just had a chance to watch Stewart back on the Daily Show. Don't agree with him on all things....

kckd

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2001
After all, I'm not a liberal. But he cuts to the chase much quicker than most political pundits. Was amazed at the backlash he took for his segment on Biden/Trump 2024. The way liberals lashed out at him for making a valid point about Biden, and how conservatives seemed to focus on his negativity of Biden while completely ignoring he said the same or worse about Trump.

Without politics, none of these guys would have a job. They can't touch the talent of a Jackie Gleason, Jonathan Winters, Don Rickles or Phil Silvers.
Both of our presidential candidates would agree. But Stewart had already made a good deal of money before the Daily Show. He would've been fine.

He’s the worst. His entire premise is conservatives aren’t even worth arguing with. Just respond with that smug little smile.

Reactions: TXchiliDawg
He’s the worst. His entire premise is conservatives aren’t even worth arguing with. Just respond with that smug little smile.
This post isn't for you OGH. There's lots of other posts on here you will like much more. Have a gander.

Both of our presidential candidates would agree. But Stewart is not Tucker. He's a comedian and had made a good deal of money before any of this stuff.
Not anymore. That's my point. They all beclown themselves playing only to a small subset that think political comedy aimed in favor of Ds and against Rs is funny. They seem incapable of anything else.

Not anymore. That's my point. They all beclown themselves playing only to a small subset that think political comedy aimed in favor of Ds and against Rs is funny. They seem incapable of anything else.
Yeah. Uhhm, he just roasted both. And those poor fellers cain't stay in bidness with that schtick. What in tarnation were they uhh thinkin'.

• Haha
Reactions: nice marmot
Yeah. Uhhm, he just roasted both. And those poor fellers cain't stay in bidness with that schtick. What in tarnation were they uhh thinkin'.

One guy sees it for what it is. Totally agree with him too. Posted the same thing on this board so many times. Strange vessel for my truth. :). Kimmel wasn’t arguing. Nothing really to say.

I don’t like Stewart’s politics. But he is a bright guy, I can’t say I didn’t enjoy the daily show more years ago when the line wasn’t crossed nearly as much. Craig kilborn probably rolls over in his comedic grave knowing how many left of left progressive liberals his show spawned.

Everyone is stuck on personality, morals, age and ability of the 2 candidates and even though you want your POTUS to be able to walk up a flight of stairs and read a prepared comment without drifting off to senile old geezer land, it's about how you believe we should be governed. Joe Biden isn't the driving force behind an out of control border. Donald Trump didn't just wake up one morning with a list of things like controlling immigration, free but reciprocal trade, lower taxes and reducing the regulatory burden to make it advantageous to build, manufacture and start businesses in America and produce 75 million cultist.

The way I see it is if you feel the fed gov was doing a good job of managing our treasure, educating our children, maintaining infrastructure, etc. by all means support the status quo. Otoh, if you think allowing a parent to move their child out of a poor and sometimes dangerous school is a good thing. If you want the government to treat tax dollars like someone had to bust their ass to produce the money for their family, JB, the Dems and most of the Pubs aren't your answer. If you believe that fed law enforcement officials can swear to info they KNOW is false in a SECRET court with no defense attorney present in order to spy on American political operatives and not one of the perps goes to jail is not tolerable in a representative republic, you may look for someone else, even though they have a lot of warts. If you are looking for someone that will stand up to those guys that can get you six ways from Sunday, the choices are limited to people that don't need their political careers to feed their families.

I actually like watching Stewart and feel like he's entertaining even when he's playing to the swallow, less sophisticated crowd. Imo, this little piece made a nice point or two but wildly missed the mark. This election is about 2 very different philosophies on how our government should operate and which guy will endorse the ideas you support. It's not about 2 guys with the morals of Ted Kennedy and Bill Clinton. It's about things that are way more important than a nipple pinching grandpa and a poosie grabbing azzhole.

One guy sees it for what it is. Totally agree with him too. Posted the same thing on this board so many times. Strange vessel for my truth. :). Kimmel wasn’t arguing. Nothing really to say.

I don’t like Stewart’s politics. But he is a bright guy, I can’t say I didn’t enjoy the daily show more years ago when the line wasn’t crossed nearly as much. Craig kilborn probably rolls over in his comedic grave knowing how many left of left progressive liberals his show spawned.

And unlike Kimmel, Bill Burr is an actual comic and has told jokes that are actually funny.

Reactions: zingerdawg
Everyone is stuck on personality, morals, age and ability of the 2 candidates and even though you want your POTUS to be able to walk up a flight of stairs and read a prepared comment without drifting off to senile old geezer land, it's about how you believe we should be governed. Joe Biden isn't the driving force behind an out of control border. Donald Trump didn't just wake up one morning with a list of things like controlling immigration, free but reciprocal trade, lower taxes and reducing the regulatory burden to make it advantageous to build, manufacture and start businesses in America and produce 75 million cultist.

The way I see it is if you feel the fed gov was doing a good job of managing our treasure, educating our children, maintaining infrastructure, etc. by all means support the status quo. Otoh, if you think allowing a parent to move their child out of a poor and sometimes dangerous school is a good thing. If you want the government to treat tax dollars like someone had to bust their ass to produce the money for their family, JB, the Dems and most of the Pubs aren't your answer. If you believe that fed law enforcement officials can swear to info they KNOW is false in a SECRET court with no defense attorney present in order to spy on American political operatives and not one of the perps goes to jail is not tolerable in a representative republic, you may look for someone else, even though they have a lot of warts. If you are looking for someone that will stand up to those guys that can get you six ways from Sunday, the choices are limited to people that don't need their political careers to feed their families.

I actually like watching Stewart and feel like he's entertaining even when he's playing to the swallow, less sophisticated crowd. Imo, this little piece made a nice point or two but wildly missed the mark. This election is about 2 very different philosophies on how our government should operate and which guy will endorse the ideas you support. It's not about 2 guys with the morals of Ted Kennedy and Bill Clinton. It's about things that are way more important than a nipple pinching grandpa and a poosie grabbing azzhole.
It's always been about two different philosophies. But that really is not what will ultimately decide my vote. I like things from both sides. I don't like things from both sides. I think it is utterly ridiculous that an age well beyond when most of us have stopped working and are well into enjoying our last years (and may they be many) doing what we want to do, we will now have someone like that doing "the toughest job in the world" for 12 consecutive years.

Science tells us that this is not a good thing to do and we're seeing it right before our eyes with both candidates.

I am sincerely worried about Biden's age.

Trump's age is concerning, but not the main concern with him. His age and some of the stuff he's doing are just as concerning as Biden with cognitive abilities. But the other stuff with him is far more concerning and has nothing to do with conservative politics.

Last edited:
It's always been about two different philosophies. But that really is not what will ultimately decide my vote. I like things from both sides. I don't like things from both sides. I think it is utterly ridiculous that an age well beyond when most of us have stopped working and are well into enjoying our last years (and may they be many) doing what we want to do, we will now have someone like that doing "the toughest job in the world" for 12 consecutive years.

Science tells us that this is not a good thing to do and we're seeing it right before our eyes with both candidates.

I am sincerely worried about Biden's age.

Trump's age is concerning, but not the main concern with him.

And neither of those concerns have anything to do with party platforms.
I daf about party platforms or Biden's age or Trump's personal warts. I care about the way we are governed, how the pols vote instead of campaign, bureaucrats wielding power that were never intended to extend beyond the elected and the utter contempt most of the governing class has for people that just want to go to work, provide for their families and expect all others with sound minds and bodies to do the same.

I'm not impressed any longer by read my lips Pubs or we protect your freedoms Dems. Unfortunately, most pols are now representing their interest and only do what they need to do to get reelected. If that means tolerating abuses of due process or trapping your kids in an awful school system for the benefit of a lobbying group, we know which group will win the day with pols from either side.

Without politics, none of these guys would have a job. They can't touch the talent of a Jackie Gleason, Jonathan Winters, Don Rickles or Phil Silvers.
Well then don't watch it. You must have watched it since you know the 1950's were better.

After all, I'm not a liberal. But he cuts to the chase much quicker than most political pundits. Was amazed at the backlash he took for his segment on Biden/Trump 2024. The way liberals lashed out at him for making a valid point about Biden, and how conservatives seemed to focus on his negativity of Biden while completely ignoring he said the same or worse about Trump.

He cooked both Biden and Trump on their age. Either side ignores other, he played favorites to neither one of them

Reactions: kckd
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT