ADVERTISEMENT

Khamenei's 4/21/24 remarks about attack on Israel and their response.

Whosyodawgy

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2016
Does this sound like Iran is going to behave now?
“How many missiles were launched and how many of them hit their target is not the primary question, what really matters is that Iran demonstrated its power during that operation,” Khamenei said on Sunday.
“In the recent operation, the armed forces managed to minimise costs and maximise gains,” Khamenei added, urging military officials to “ceaselessly pursue military innovation and learn the enemy’s tactics”, he noted.
“Debates by the other party about how many missiles were fired, how many of them hit the target and how many didn’t, these are of secondary importance,”
There is only one solution for the Iran problem. They insist on it.
There is NO advantage to waiting provided we and the Israeli's are prepared, which is a significant consideration given the US expenses in Ukraine, money wasted supporting illegals etc. Our steel industry has been sold off to foreign countries. Our razor thin military is spread all over the globe while our shipyards are in shambles. The Navy can't even relieve its overworked, already extended, deployed forces in decent rotation because they don't have any ships in good enough shape to take over.
People better wake the fk up and start supporting our military with a lot more than supposed gratitude.
Meanwhile, Joey Boy sanctions IDF. Talk about asleep at the wheel!!

Last edited:
Joe doesn’t work for any American citizen. Name one thing he has done for you and me as citizens of the United States. He worked for the corporate world ONLY. They are the only one that donates to him, gives him money.

are you advocating that we go to war with Iran?
I don't think you understand what "going to war" with Iran would look like. We can force regime change with air power alone if we act now. Their air defense was completely exposed by the Jews.
Plus, it is no small thing that Iran was a very westernized country under the Shah. It is not like Iraq or Afghanistan. Outside of the hardline IRGC, the Iranian people hate the mullahs.

Here is what really happened in the Israeli response to Iran's attack.
The Israelis flew several cruise missiles all the way to Tehran. Instead of flying them right up Khamenei's nose, they diverted them seconds from impact into the government compound and detonated them in the desert outside the city. They let Khamenei know what they could do but didn't.

Yet Khamenei on Sunday made the remarks I posted. He is totally unwilling to stop the jihad against Israel and the US which he calls the "great satan". They do not even make a pretense of wanting peace. Their weakness is exposed yet their evil intent only grows worse.

Iran is less than a month from having a nuclear weapon now. They intend to use "any means". They have said so and they mean it.
Iran unchecked, what do you think is going to happen?

Think about the world today without a nuclear armed Russia. If Eisenhower had let Patton do what he knew needed to be done when Germany fell, that's how it would be. Everybody knows what's coming if Iran is not stopped. This could be done a whole lot easier than taking out that Russian army in WW2. In fact, I think Israel is going to do it. We should help them.

We have the airpower in place. We beefed up our presence of ground based aircraft during this Gaza campaign against hamas when/because we brought the Ford Carrier Strike Group 12 home.
A joint strike with US and Israeli air power on all government installations with a concentrated attack on their nuclear facilities underground is what I think we should do ... right now. A nuclear armed Iran cannot be an option.

I don't think you understand what "going to war" with Iran would look like. We can force regime change with air power alone if we act now. Their air defense was completely exposed by the Jews.
Plus, it is no small thing that Iran was a very westernized country under the Shah. It is not like Iraq or Afghanistan. Outside of the hardline IRGC, the Iranian people hate the mullahs.

Here is what really happened in the Israeli response to Iran's attack.
The Israelis flew several cruise missiles all the way to Tehran. Instead of flying them right up Khamenei's nose, they diverted them seconds from impact into the government compound and detonated them in the desert outside the city. They let Khamenei know what they could do but didn't.

Yet Khamenei on Sunday made the remarks I posted. He is totally unwilling to stop the jihad against Israel and the US which he calls the "great satan". They do not even make a pretense of wanting peace. Their weakness is exposed yet their evil intent only grows worse.

Iran is less than a month from having a nuclear weapon now. They intend to use "any means". They have said so and they mean it.
Iran unchecked, what do you think is going to happen?

Think about the world today without a nuclear armed Russia. If Eisenhower had let Patton do what he knew needed to be done when Germany fell, that's how it would be. Everybody knows what's coming if Iran is not stopped. This could be done a whole lot easier than taking out that Russian army in WW2. In fact, I think Israel is going to do it. We should help them.

We have the airpower in place. We beefed up our presence of ground based aircraft during this Gaza campaign against hamas when/because we brought the Ford Carrier Strike Group 12 home.
A joint strike with US and Israeli air power on all government installations with a concentrated attack on their nuclear facilities underground is what I think we should do ... right now. A nuclear armed Iran cannot be an option.
I appreciate the info. Unfortunately the next Democrat in office would probably give them the money to rebuild the damage we cause.

I don't think you understand what "going to war" with Iran would look like.
I am aware of what really happened.

You speak of certainties where uncertainty reigns. (estimates vary w/r/t how quickly they could produce a warhead, for instance) (air power alone! what are you gonna bomb, where you gonna strike? how are they gonna react? what will follow?) (how do you know the strike doesn't incentivize them to do what you fear they will do, vs. the very weak and likely negotiated assault that they attempted previously? do you think all this sabre rattling could be face-saving after they have been exposed...)

I think we both know from our history that unilaterally declaring war in the middle east has been and remains a losing proposition, and regime change has failed again and again (with Iran the prime example of how our interventionist policies routinely fail and create long-term unforeseen problems in the region).

Last edited:

You speak of certainties (estimates vary w/r/t how quickly they could produce a warhead, for instance) (air power alone! what are you gonna bomb? how are they gonna react? what will follow?) where uncertainty reigns.

And I think we both know from our history that unilaterally declaring war in the middle east has been and remains a losing proposition, and regime change has failed again and again (with Iran the prime example of how our interventionist policies routinely fail and create long-term unforeseen problems in the region).
Oh, so since it might take them some undetermined length of time to build a suitable weapon, we should sit on our hands?
Negotiating with them has also "historically" proven to be useless. The regime is hardliners who believe any lie or deception used to further the intifada is ok.
There may be uncertainty if we act. But there is certainty if we do not.

Last edited:
Things which I did not respond to from your previous post include the valid questions you raised.
what are you gonna bomb, where you gonna strike? how are they gonna react? what will follow?
I mentioned before that Iran is a different animal than Iraq or Afghanistan because they were a much more westernized country.
The key is the fact that the people largely do not support the government. Because so many people hate the mullahs, the intelligence sources inside Iran are greater in number than probably any other country on earth.

The Israelis are absolutely wired into every important aspect of Iranian government and military. They know as do we, where every nuclear processing facility in the country is, where every secret project of significance is being conducted and where every high level Iranian commander is, practically at all times.

Israel and the US know exactly where to bomb and what it will take to reach the deep underground facilities. When we get through with them, there will be nothing for them to react with other than small arms and their little boat navy. They have no aces in the hole militarily.

What will follow is internal chaos and then hopefully and most likely the erosion of the hardliners' grip on the people; if not completely, nontheless to a great extent when we leave their military in shambles.

The bigger question is how will other Muslim countries react, most significantly Turkey, Pakistan, Egypt and Saudi. But that may be a bridge we have to cross when we get to it. Iran must be dealt with militarily. We have no other choice. We're out of time.

But I could tell you a very amusing story about how the Israelis infiltrated an Iranian nuclear facility. It is so ingenious and detailed it would make your jaw drop. Mossad is the best in the world and Israel has been hardwired into Iran ever since the revolution. We can with relative safety, effectively take out their nuclear research and neuter their military.

Reactions: cherrydawg
What will follow is internal chaos and then hopefully and most likely the erosion of the hardliners' grip on the people; if not completely, nontheless to a great extent when we leave their military in shambles.
You accurately describe the situation as I understand it (from reading about it pretty much my whole life, as it has been the defining issue in geopolitical calculus since the wall fell and, if we are honest, perhaps the more significant conflict before that as well). I am sure you have some inside info/residual expertise - especially as these are the sort of calculations we have attempted before.

As such, you know that there is always collateral damage in these situations, including errors of our own and damage the target regime inflicts on its own people in our name.
The bigger question is how will other Muslim countries react,
yes. that is the bigger question. you omit questions of questions of: what comes next? which is also big.

We can with relative safety, effectively take out their nuclear research and neuter their military.
Again, this is a hawkish assumption, and there are plenty of hawks who agree with you, not that there are many doves left when it comes to Iran / radical Islam/ites, but Iran has been a couple weeks / months away from nuclear capability for a while now. They have the requisite enriched materiel. When the consensus among the brass is "it's time," my guess is we'll know pretty soon thereafter the reason for GO - but any delay won't be uninformed either, as you rightly note.

But I think we can see from Nezam's non-reaction to Israel's reaction (just some sabre rattling quoted above) and their willingness to temper / warn of their own response that they are not suicidal (yet).

These questions and balancing them, for the record, is why I would much rather have a government with someone at the top who trusts expertise and who operates by considering the advice of good counsel, vs. someone whose notion of governance begins and ends at "I alone can fix it" and who considers himself expert in everything and hires "only the best people," from a small pool of loyalists and maybe some willing to work for him for the greater good despite thinking he's a maniac.

Many here seem to think that the objection to a second Trump administration is "mean tweets," but that's not it at all.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I AM SHOCKED THIS THREAD HAS SURVIVED AS LONG AS IT HAS LOL

You speak of certainties where uncertainty reigns. (estimates vary w/r/t how quickly they could produce a warhead, for instance) (air power alone! what are you gonna bomb, where you gonna strike? how are they gonna react? what will follow?) (how do you know the strike doesn't incentivize them to do what you fear they will do, vs. the very weak and likely negotiated assault that they attempted previously? do you think all this sabre rattling could be face-saving after they have been exposed...)

I think we both know from our history that unilaterally declaring war in the middle east has been and remains a losing proposition, and regime change has failed again and again (with Iran the prime example of how our interventionist policies routinely fail and create long-term unforeseen problems in the region).
I think we probably have warheads ready to go, so I dont completely agree w you there, but I do agree w your 2nd paragraph. War has been a losing proposition for the US since Korea, except for the MIC. And right now, Americans do not have an appetite for war w Iran. Also to your point , if we did go to war w them, they might bring in someone even worse. Its a huge loser.

Reactions: nice marmot
are you advocating that we go to war with Iran?
Hell no! Did you not read what he posted?
We are a shell of the military might we used to be. If Joe gets us into yet another war front , it will be to weaken this nation even further. This is part of the Dems plans to break this once great nation. Our days as a free people are limited.

Hell no! Did you not read what he posted?
No, YOU did not read what he posted, originally and thereafter - he is advocating that we strike Iran preemptively, for reasons he cites - which is a common position that exists at the DoD and elsewhere in D.C.

Last edited:
No, YOU did not read what he posted, originally and thereafter - he is advocating that we strike Iran preemptively, for reasons he cites - which is a common position that exists at the DoD and elsewhere in D.C.
Your Dems have made sure any advantage we had before are now, nonexistent. Now we have reason to use diplomacy or sanctions ( which they totally reversed, when the vegetable got sworn in). We are now at the mercy at the rest of the world thanks to your woke politicians on the left. If Trump were still in office, none of this would be an issue. No Ukraine, no terrorist attacks, etc. Trump had everything working well and now everything has turned to shit! Who’s in charge, the Dems. Funny how all the bad things happen under their leadership ( or lack thereof).

Funny how all the bad things happen under their leadership ( or lack thereof).
Never Forget GIF by GIPHY News

• Haha
Off subject a bit but this just happened in Iran.
The hardline crazies are trying to suppress by brutal force. They just create more reason to hate them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT