ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATE Lady Dogs hire new director of recruiting ops

Anthony Dasher

Circle of Honor
Staff
Aug 29, 2007
Winterville, Georgia
Brianna Patton, who has spent the last three years as the director of women’s basketball recruiting at Ole Miss, will return to Georgia as the director of recruiting operations for Lady Bulldog basketball, head coach Katie Abrahamson-Henderson announced Monday.

The Conyers, Georgia, native graduated from the University of Georgia in 2018 with a degree in sport management. She was a member of the Lady Bulldogs’ staff as a manager during her time in school and also served as a graduate assistant on Coach ABE’s staff at UCF.

“Returning to Georgia as the director of recruiting operations is a dream come true,” Patton said. “As a Georgia graduate who worked with this program for several years and as a member of Coach ABE’s staff at UCF, this is the perfect fit for me. This University and this team hold a special place in my heart, and I look forward to joining this outstanding staff in this role.”

Patton was a member of a historic staff, leading the UCF Knights to a 26-4 season and its first win in NCAA Tournament history in 2021-22. UCF entered the NCAA Tournament on a 13-game winning streak, its longest in program history. As a graduate assistant, Patton was a key piece of day-to-day operations, practices and game planning. She also worked in assisting in recruiting operations and with the program’s academic advisors.

At Ole Miss, Patton helped the Rebels sign multiple top 10 recruiting classes during her three seasons.

Patton also spent time as a physical education teacher and coach for the Rockdale County Public Schools and worked as a gameday operations intern for the Atlanta Dream.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT