ADVERTISEMENT

Last night

AgrayDAWG

We can't have nice things
Gold Member
Mar 25, 2019
Dville
Was brutal to start with. You can’t spot them 28 points and expect to have a shot. They didn’t come out and whip us up front, they completely neutralized our DL all together and killed our secondary to the edges. Our spill technique on the edge got scrapped mid game.

Starks was BRUTAL last night, Carson was brutal for 2 and a half quarters. Can’t have your 2 captains play that bad in the biggest game of the year. Lovett needs to be benched. I have tried to listen to the guys who see practice and what they say. He’s not fast, he doesn’t get open, he doesn’t catch the ball. I thought it was Arian who was the problem or Bell. No, it’s 6. He’s not any good.

Defensively we will be fine, they busted 3 times. Julio doesn’t need to CB2, it needs to be Harris or Ellis. He doesn’t find the ball. Starks doesn’t need to be 1v1 on a receiver again. Yes, Williams can flat play. He was gifted 2 very lazy, poor technique plays in the 2nd half that was the difference.

Have to run the ball earlier to cool that place down.

I say all that to say we found something second half and the team figured something out about themselves 2nd half that will carry this bunch down the stretch. We didn’t get maimed on either LOS, we got maimed to the perimeter and beat on big plays. That’s a good sign for round 2. Our DL dominated more than theirs did down the stretch. Just caught a buzz saw early.

Texas isn’t close to as good as Alabama. I’ve said that all year. Not near as big and physical and terrible on Defense. We are going to destroy them by 10+ utk nor Ole Miss have a warm chance in hell. We will play Bama or mizzou in the SECG, probably Bama.

The leaders showed who they were last night and it’s the most leadership we’ve seen since 2022. The 2023 squad lacked it all together. The loss sucks, the first half sucks. But we are better than them and when the dust settles in December that will be obvious. Flame away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.