ADVERTISEMENT

Leadership...

Dan McDonald

War Daddy
Staff
May 19, 2008
Kennesaw, Georgia
Somebody on here asked me a few weeks ago about leadership on this UGA team. My response was that I thought that was an issue and that there isn't really a vocal leader on this team.

I have to change my stance there. With everything that has happened in the past year (injuries, Morris getting booted, etc.), for this team to be 20-10, tied for 3rd in SEC and likely headed to the NCAA's, somewhere in the program there is great leadership. Whether it's one of the players, a group of players or even the coaches, UGA's basketball program has very good leadership. It's probably a combination of all that.

Sure, there have been bumps in the road, but all things considered, I think this team has pretty much maximized their ability. Won some they probably shouldn't have. Lost some they probably shouldn't have. In all honesty though, once Morris was booted, I never said it on here because I was either never asked or I dodged the question (probably the latter), but I didn't think this team would make the NCAA's. Thought they would be about the exact same as last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.