ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s check in on Justin Fields…

PapaSweetsDawg

Emotional Hedge Fund Manager
Gold Member
Aug 25, 2003
“Fields, from what I’ve seen, they had a month of spring practices here and he’s a terrific athlete, but really the knocks against him that I heard coming in actually turned out to be true,” Fittipaldo said. “He’s not terribly accurate with the ball. His placement isn’t all that great, and I could see them maybe having a package or two for him each week depending on the opponent, but I see this team as Russell Wilson’s team.”

Fields' practice struggles shouldn't come as any surprise. The Ohio State quarterback was selected with the No. 11 overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, and there were immediate expectations for him to perform well due to his so-called "high ceiling." Even after posting a 10-28 career record through his first three seasons, fans were convinced that the quarterback was not to blame for his struggles.

An anonymous Bears coach recently said Fields was "hard to watch" due to his inability to process the field. NFL Films producer and analyst Greg Cosell expressed similar criticism, saying Fields "doesn't consistently see it or process it with the needed clarity and speed."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News