ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Let's contemplate the eventual new nickname of the Atlanta MLB team...

hometeamdawg

Pillar of the DawgVent
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2001
Georgia's Antebellum Capital
It's inevitable, right?

I long thought it would simply be the Atlanta Brave (patriotic, color scheme already set) But hey, it's 2020 and the woke cancel culture won't have any of that.

Then there's the Atlanta Bravehearts. $1 beers on kilt night might be tough on the women and children.

Most likely: The Atlanta MLKings. Wait..the religious ties could be a problem. And after thinking that, maybe the Padres and Angels will need new nicknames, too.

The wealmostdidits or the whatcouldhavebeens or the mostofourfansonlyknowfreddiefreemans. I have a few others of those don’t stick

Reactions: rectomo
It's inevitable, right?

I long thought it would simply be the Atlanta Brave (patriotic, color scheme already set) But hey, it's 2020 and the woke cancel culture won't have any of that.

Then there's the Atlanta Bravehearts. $1 beers on kilt night might be tough on the women and children.

Most likely: The Atlanta MLKings. Wait..the religious ties could be a problem. And after thinking that, maybe the Padres and Angels will need new nicknames, too.

Time to dust off the classic...

0716_izzy01_rmccreajones_oneuseonly.jpg

Peaches imo

not a lot of good birds left, although they used to be the Atlanta Doves

It's inevitable, right?

I'd go with the ATL Asterisks.

It's inevitable, right?

Quail. They’re always dying.

It's inevitable, right?

Atlanta Transplants

Reactions: Boost Assendahm
Should’ve been the Gwinnett Buttons. Too easy.
Believe I submitted the Gwinnett Dam Transients. They wanted a local connection so you get Buford Dam. Gwinnett was the fastest growing county in the nation 4 or 5 years running in the '80s so you get transients.

So they’ll try to outlaw the chop and the chant? What about the tomahawk?
(I can do without the first two, but I really want the tomahawk to stay.)
My insiders say they have back tracked and will still do the chop. But with no fans the chop won’t be the same at least this season.

Reactions: Pedigree
You can only use religious mascots if they are associated with hell,... demon deacons or blue devils certainly would be okay to use

Atlanta Hammers, pay homage to the home run champ!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT