ADVERTISEMENT

Let's talk about what coaching staffs could look like very soon with the staff expansions...

BaronVonHeinsteidel

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2007
For those that don't know (which is in effect now, although it may take a while to actually be implemented), staffs are no longer limited to 10 on-field assistants. However there will still only be only 10 assistants allowed on the road to recruit. Staffs will still be limited to 4 Graduate Assistants and 5 strength coaches.

I'm wondering if the coaches allowed on the road, will be more up-and-comers/less seasoned, the lower paid... or if the road warrior deal closers will command a higher price tag.

This would be ideal for coaches who are more techician like, older and whose prowess on the trail, is the weaker of their suits. This would have been perfect for Monken. Probably Searels as well. A combination of Searels and the late DJ Looney would have been perfect together.

Incidentally, even before he came here, I thought this role would have been perfect for Donte Williams. The fruits of his recruiting have been better than the on-field results.

This will ultimately end with an official on-field special teams coach (or coaches). Finally.

I figure we already have some guys on staff that would be ideal candidates to take over on the road, e.g. Gummy.

It's stuff like this that may truly allow schools like Texas to flex the resource advantages they have over everyone else in the P4.

Any scuttlebut on this topic so far @Anthony Dasher ?

Last edited:
Reactions: studawg170 II
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.