ADVERTISEMENT

Lexington Master Thread

cblo229

National Champion
Sep 25, 2020
Sexington, Kentucky
Steakhouse:
  1. Malones: Mid-Tier steakhouse. All-you-can-eat Lexingtonian Salad. Romaine/Iceberg mix, bacon crumbles, diced tomatoes and a fantastic dressing
  2. Tony's: High-end steakhouse. Sides are a la carte. You will never go wrong with the 12oz Barrel Cut Filet. Yukon Gold Mashed potatoes for the W. Large selection of bourbon.
    1. I work with the head chefs wife. She raves about the Short Ribs.
    2. Met Eddie George there once during Breeders Cup one year.
  3. Jeff Ruby's: I've never eaten here but I am also partial to Tony's. EXPENSIVE. Most likely to run into a celebrity here.
Italian:
  1. Bella Note: My favorite Italian place. Just order anything.
  2. Joe Bolognas: Nestled in an old church turned restaurant. Really cool environment. Breadstick (the length of a baby's leg) served in a silver tray with garlic sauce.
    1. I am a chicken parm. guy so I usually get that but they just have great food.
    2. May even see Joe there. Old guy can scoot.
Breakfast:
  1. Winchell's: Pick your poison. The Breakfast Sampler is enough food to put a horse into a coma.
  2. Lexington Diner: Again, pick your poison.
  3. Waffle House: WHY?
    American GIF by TLC
  4. Wild Eggs: Interesting and unique spin on breakfast dishes. Highly recommend but be warned...GET THERE EARLY.
  5. Josies: Not much isn't good here.
  6. DV8 Kitchen: Local business that supports and gives felons a second chance. Fantastic food and a great business model. Another unique spin on breakfast dishes.
Pizza:
  1. Goodfellas is great. Massive breadsticks, cheese dipping sauce and enormous New York Style slices.
    1. Pro tip: Open until 1 a.m. so it's a perfect soak 'em up drunk food to prepare you (and your ahhnoose) for the long drive home Sunday.
Miscellaneous:
  1. Windy Corner: Located off of Bryan Station Road about 6 miles north of Lexington. Nestled in amongst horse farms. Delicious food. Main cook there is a Dawg fan and wears his UGA hat religiously.
  2. Halls on the River: Off the beaten path on the Kentucky River.
    1. FYI...Lamb Fries are Goat testicles battered and deep fried. Taste like chicken strips. Dip 'em in gravy and enjoy a beer. Or don't. You are an adult Afterall.
  3. Ramsey's: You need to at least once in your life try a Hot Brown. Get your mind out of the gutter. This is actually better than what you may or may not be thinking. Loads of cheese, bacon, ham/turkey, tomato, sliced bread and Mornay sauce. Served at the temperature of the Sun, it is sure to warm you up this cold November weekend.
    1. Honorable mentions:
      1. Catfish fingers and Buffalo Chicken Filets. Homemade ranch and blue cheese dressings.
      2. Did I mention they have pies? No? THEY HAVE PIES.
Breweries:
  1. Country Boy: Located outside of Lexington in Georgetown, Ky.
  2. West 6th: Downtown Lexington
Distilleries:
  1. Pick one. You can't go wrong.
Bars: I don't go to bars
1. Because I am old
2. Tough with a 5 year old
Oh No Comedy GIF by CBC

Home of the one and only
ernest p worrell 1990s GIF
. Still no statue though.
I will add more stuff if it comes to mind.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.