ADVERTISEMENT

Libs will never learn

RumphSquatch

Can't see me
Gold Member
Jan 13, 2006
Your crazy ideology and publicity stunts are not above the law. 20 year old is suing Dicks and Walmart for age discrimination against 2nd amendment right to bear arms. 20 year old is going to win and lawyers for Dicks and Walmart will probably appeal this case all the way up to the Supreme Court just for the decision to be confirmed. Thanks for wasting my tax dollars you liberal d-bags.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/20-yea...dicks-sporting-goods-walmart-over-rifle-sale/

Your crazy ideology and publicity stunts are not above the law. 20 year old is suing Dicks and Walmart for age discrimination against 2nd amendment right to bear arms. 20 year old is going to win and lawyers for Dicks and Walmart will probably appeal this case all the way up to the Supreme Court just for the decision to be confirmed. Thanks for wasting my tax dollars you liberal d-bags.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/20-yea...dicks-sporting-goods-walmart-over-rifle-sale/

He should win this time, but everybody should be preparing for what's on the way: http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...lose-america-outright-gun-confiscation-close/

If the Second Amendment is all powerful, let's let a five year old buy one, he can play with it in the backyard.

Reactions: UncleTonyPerkis

He should win this time, but everybody should be preparing for what's on the way: http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...lose-america-outright-gun-confiscation-close/

So many will die to confiscate if that happens. Instead of mass shootings of schools, there will be mass shootings of groups sent to confiscate guns and many gun owners will lose their lives also because killing them to confiscate will be sanctioned by law. This should scare the hell out of any American, partisanship be damned. And the thought of not being able to defend my family by force if necessary because of this lunacy is infuriating.

No offense, but your interpretation of the law (along with this kid’s) are completely wrong. The stores have a right to set their own policy on this.
The kid will win. If you're going to sell guns then sell them, you can't pick and chose which legal citizens you think should be able to buy them

Reactions: 1966septemberdawg
No offense, but your interpretation of the law (along with this kid’s) are completely wrong. The stores have a right to set their own policy on this.

That's fine if true. I'm willing to be enlightened. Have any sources I can read to refute?

Nobody's gonna take your guns. Relax
I can assure you some dumbass with NO guns is not going to take them. Did you even bother reading the article? The whole point is that democrats assure you of one thing (like you just did), and do the opposite. Thanks for the reassurance, but I'll give more credence to what Barry and Hil have actually said.

That's fine if true. I'm willing to be enlightened. Have any sources I can read to refute?
The Second Amendment is a check on the government’s ability to ban gun ownership. It does not, however, limit a private actor’s ability to refuse to sell guns at all or refuse to sell them to someone based on age.

CAN buy a gun. Now show me the law that says someone HAS to sell it to you.

They are denying him based on age ........I think that's called discrimination....Isn't there some liberal add that always runs on the radio.....Sex, Age, race or creed????

Bakers HAD to cater a gay wedding, but Dick's can deny to do business with a person of legal age who passes the background check?

They are denying him based on age ........I think that's called discrimination....Isn't there some liberal add that always runs on the radio.....Sex, Age, race or creed????

Bakers HAD to cater a gay wedding, but Dick's can deny to do business with a person of legal age who passes the background check?
Well I guess you should contact your congressman. Age discrimination doesn’t (generally) apply based on youth.

The Second Amendment is a check on the government’s ability to ban gun ownership. It does not, however, limit a private actor’s ability to refuse to sell guns at all or refuse to sell them to someone based on age.

What if he's a black 20 year old? Now what? C'mon man, you've painted yourself in a corner.

Reactions: benchwarmerdawg
Isn't the law supposed to protect our rights, not dictate them?
Um, yes? But the whole point of this story is that this young man doesn’t have a right to make someone sell him a gun.

Now, he might have a claim if he was 66 and Wal-Mart wouldn’t sell guns to people over 65.

Um, yes? But the whole point of this story is that this young man doesn’t have a right to make someone sell him a gun.

Now, he might have a claim if he was 66 and Wal-Mart wouldn’t sell guns to people over 65.

And that makes zero sense. Age discrimination only applies to old people. What a joke the legal system is.

And that makes zero sense. Age discrimination only applies to old people. What a joke the legal system is.
Well, if you think about it, we discriminate against people based on youth in many situations (voting, drinking, smoking, renting a car, etc.)

Again, contact your legislator if you disagree.

Well, if you think about it, we discriminate against people based on youth in many situations (voting, drinking, smoking, renting a car, etc.)

All have age limitations. In this case there is no age limitation . I should have been a lawyer, I'd have been on the TV circuit like Alan Dershowitz

I'm not a lawyer. But I have common sense. And the law didn't protect the Christian bakeries right to not sell to a gay couple. Generally asking how is that not protected under freedom of religion? By what you say, this "different law" dictated the Christian bakeries right and forced them to sell to the gay couple.

I'm not a lawyer. But I have common sense. And the law didn't protect the Christian bakeries right to not sell to a gay couple. Generally asking how is that not protected under freedom of religion? By what you say, this "different law" dictated the Christian bakeries right and forced them to sell to the gay couple.
So, the bakery thing depends on the state. Some states have laws that say private business cannot discriminate based on sexual orientation.

Unless a state has a specific law banning discrimination based on infancy, there is no right to sue. That’s the difference. There has to be a law that provides a remedy other than what seems like common sense.

All true. As far as contacting my legislator, it really doesn't matter. Even if such provisions were signed into law, some lawyer will find a way to interpret, or manipulate, the English of the law.

So, the bakery thing depends on the state. Some states have laws that say private business cannot discriminate based on sexual orientation.

Unless a state has a specific law banning discrimination based on infancy, there is no right to sue. That’s the difference. There has to be a law that provides a remedy other than what seems like common sense.

How does that work for online sales? For example, if I live in Oregon, can I register my business in Georgia and live and operate out of Oregon? If so, would this circumvent such state laws?

Again, contact your legislators. Tell them stores should be required to sell rifles to 18 year olds.
A store can refuse service, but not based on discrimination. That's the key. Now if they said the guy looked shady. That would fly.

You still haven't answered. What if he were black?

How does that work for online sales? For example, if I live in Oregon, can I register my business in Georgia and live and operate out of Oregon? If so, would this circumvent such state laws?
No. It applies to transactions in Oregon. A lot of businesses incorporate in Delaware (favorable biz laws), but the location of the actual business would control. So, for example, a Wal Mart in Oregon may have different restrictions than one in Mississippi

Reactions: RumphSquatch
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT