ADVERTISEMENT

Livestream TV question

BlessedDawg

Diehard supporter
Jan 17, 2020
Just got a message that my HULU live will go up to $82.99 next month.
What’s the chats opinion on the best live stream service for the price?
Plus, HULU was recently bought out by Disney and I don’t really want to help support their liberal agenda.

Just got a message that my HULU live will go up to $82.99 next month.
What’s the chats opinion on the best live stream service for the price?
Plus, HULU was recently bought out by Disney and I don’t really want to help support their liberal agenda.
I use sling for football season , I think it is owned by Dish Network. I have the blue plus orange that is 55 a month, 27.50 for the first month. You get espn, espn2, espn3, espn4k and local fox channels plus all the history, discovery, AE channel stuff. It isn't a huge channel line up but works for me.

Had been with DTV for 20 years. Cut the cord last Monday.
Currently have a 21 day free trial of YTTV.
So far, so good. More channels for much less money.
Have not always had high speed internet, so kept satellite longer than most.
YTTV is 64 bucks a month (should I keep it), for 3 months, then 72 bucks a month.
DTV was $118 and that was with a $50 discount that runs out in Oct.

YTTV is 64 bucks a month (should I keep it), for 3 months, then 72 bucks a month.
We cut the cord with DTV several years ago but these livestream services are beginning to go up more and more.

Thinking about doing the same, have Spectrum now. Paying a ridiculous amount. The only thing I am hesitant about is that sometimes there are delays when streaming.

Tried to watch the UGA game last week on YouTube TV, that was miserable. Delays, commercials in the middle of plays etc.

Any issues for you??

Thinking about doing the same, have Spectrum now. Paying a ridiculous amount. The only thing I am hesitant about is that sometimes there are delays when streaming.

Tried to watch the UGA game last week on YouTube TV, that was miserable. Delays, commercials in the middle of plays etc.

Any issues for you??
Switched from DTV to YTTV about 3 yrs ago and our streaming is more reliable than the old satellite system. I've never had an issue with rebooting (except when watching on my phone or tablet while traveling) and a rain storm doesn't affect the reception. I pay the extra 10 bucks per month for 4K more for unlimited devices and I'm still at less than 100 bucks.

Reactions: mitchelldawg
Switched from DTV to YTTV about 3 yrs ago and our streaming is more reliable than the old satellite system. I've never had an issue with rebooting (except when watching on my phone or tablet while traveling) and a rain storm doesn't affect the reception. I pay the extra 10 bucks per month for 4K more for unlimited devices and I'm still at less than 100 bucks.
Thanks!

YouTube TV was just horrible when I tried to watch the Georgia-TN Tech last week. Never have been that frustrated trying to watch a game. Used someone else’s login to watch.

Paying around $200 for Spectrum, but that includes internet, most all movie channels, sports, etc.

I believe the internet is around $60 or $70 per month here. Just the bad experience this past week with YouTube is giving me pause. The $60-$70 month total savings may not be worth it to me.

Appreciate the feedback.

Reactions: Dirty Hairy Dawg

Any issues for you??
I had to boot Spectrum last year, our internet and TV was 249.00 a month. I streamed Tennessee/ NC State game in the mountains camping with two bars on my phone last weekend on sling. I kept the 300 mps or whatver it is internet for like 74.00 a month with Spectrum because it is the only option I have.

Reactions: Eastmandawg

Any issues for you??
I have AT&T internet "air" service.
It's the closest thing to fiber optic I can get in this rural area.
It works great, so streaming TV is working great.
20 years ago when I signed up with DTV, them and DISH were the only game in town.

Thanks!

YouTube TV was just horrible when I tried to watch the Georgia-TN Tech last week. Never have been that frustrated trying to watch a game. Used someone else’s login to watch.

Paying around $200 for Spectrum, but that includes internet, most all movie channels, sports, etc.

I believe the internet is around $60 or $70 per month here. Just the bad experience this past week with YouTube is giving me pause. The $60-$70 month total savings may not be worth it to me.

Appreciate the feedback.
That game was espn+ not youtube wasn't it. At least thats how I watched it and I have had YTTV for a few years now. I get lots of sports and never had a problem. I really believe it was the espn+ that was the problem.

That game was espn+ not youtube wasn't it. At least thats how I watched it and I have had YTTV for a few years now. I get lots of sports and never had a problem. I really believe it was the espn+ that was the problem.
Yep, it was definitely YouTube TV.

Hulu also had it, ESPN+ and SECN+. But I didn’t have those, so streamed through YouTube TV. They stream a lot of games, used it maybe once or twice to watch the Dawgs last year also.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT