ADVERTISEMENT

Look, I’m just as frustrated as you… but…

Shephard10

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Nov 30, 2015
Louisville, KY
this is not the time to start second guessing everything, and calling for wholesale changes.

Our defense wasn’t prepared at all. We tackled so horribly - so, so horribly. So many stupid mistakes and penalties. Our offense was rattled out of the gate and Carson wasn’t seeing the game for some reason. Passes were thrown poorly. Drops, so many drops. Drive-killing penalties. The list goes on. But two points I’d like to make:

1. All of that went against us, and we still had a chance to win. Our guys came together, still made mistakes, and tons of them, but they came together and took the lead. Something I thought going into mid-second quarter was possible, but didn’t expect.

2. This was ONLY game 4. Still 8 more to go in the regular season. I hoped we’d see a more advanced team than we currently have, but we are where we are. No excuses. But we still have PLENTY of chances to show improvement. It’s not a guarantee that we get all these things fixed, but this game could be a pivotal turning point in a great season. I’d always prefer to lose in September as opposed to losing in December, if I had to choose.

So, yes we have a LOT of answers to come up with, and every single coach and player is accountable for that. No excuses. Everyone had to be better. But there’s a lot of time for that, and many opportunities to get back toward the top.

If the season continues this way, THEN Kirby will have a lot of hard questions to answer, justifiably. But right now is not the time to sell our stock, or give up on this team. There’s a glimmer of a great team in there, Kirby just has to find the best ways to use it.

Go Dawgs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.