ADVERTISEMENT

Lots of programs across the country will be cut imo. And I'm not sure we won't cut some of our own...

BaronVonHeinsteidel

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2007
This past year, BAMA's football and men's basketball programs profited 52 million. All the other sports programs lost 27 million.
Programs are going to have to cut all around the country for these payouts to be made. If programs aren't nixed altogether, facilities won't be upgraded and staffs will have to be gutted and take paycuts. I think only a handful of schools will be able to keep all their sports programs, but sacrifices in training, recruiting budgets, research, training tables (an on and on) will have to be made.

I could see a scenario where some schools dump all their men Olympic sports and just keep men's football/basketball... and women's basketball/Olympic sports.

I think the load for men's Olympic sports like wrestling, soccer, baseball, hockey, lacrosse, tennis, track, cross country and on and on will have to be carried by small division I and II schools like Shippensburg, Edinboro and bigger schools that don't have football programs like Boston University, Cal Fullerton et al.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News