ADVERTISEMENT

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Saw they were going on tour again......with no original members remaining.

Fred Savage No GIF by The Grinder

That Oakland concert was one awesome show. I know a guy who was at the Fox for the "One More From the Road" live album. He said that actually it was a compilation of shows done over three nights in a row at the Fox.

Saw they were going on tour again......with no original members remaining.

Fred Savage No GIF by The Grinder
I saw a performance they did for a CMA showcase, and it is not the same band at all since Gary Rossington passed. I found it surprising, but the talent/skill level just isn't there anymore. Capable band, but no stand out star.

You might be able to wedge Rickey Medlocke in as a surviving member because of studio work he did in the early 70's but he was never a guy on the album cover. Nothing against Medlocke. He's a stand up guy and a fine musician. Gary Rossington invited him to join the band in the 90's as a lead guitarist. But he's not on the level of Allen Collins' legacy. This is a tribute band, and should be labelled as such.

I saw a performance they did for a CMA showcase, and it is not the same band at all since Gary Rossington passed. I found it surprising, but the talent/skill level just isn't there anymore. Capable band, but no stand out star.

You might be able to wedge Rickey Medlocke in as a surviving member because of studio work he did in the early 70's but he was never a guy on the album cover. Nothing against Medlocke. He's a stand up guy and a fine musician. Gary Rossington invited him to join the band in the 90's as a lead guitarist. But he's not on the level of Allen Collins' legacy. This is a tribute band, and should be labelled as such.
Medlocke was only mentioned regarding sole surviving member.
I will not argue the fine lines of pay vs credits.
saw what was left of them several years ago.
Chattanooga Riverbend Festival.
June 2013?
very disappointing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT