ADVERTISEMENT

MAGA defined

their minds turn back to the 1950’s
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Dems hate the Republican party period and anyone who threatens their power. It’s never been about Trump. Any viable Republican that runs will get the same treatment. When DeSantis was getting his campaign started, most of the media and many on this board said that he was “ worst than Trump”. That was when it was thought that he might challenge. They were expressing outrage at literally everything he did.

Last edited:
Dems hate the Republican party period and anyone who threatens their power. It’s never been about Trump. Any viable Republican that runs will get the same treatment. When DeSantis was getting his campaign started, most of the media and many on this board said that he was “ worst than Trump”. That was when it was thought that he might challenge. They were expressing outrage at literally everything he did.
DeSantis deserved the outrage because he was more interested in promoting what he wanted than what the people wanted. Before his reelection Florida had passed a 15 week abortion bill which was acceptable to many. However, afterwards he promoted, and got passed, a 6 week bill which does not have the support of the people. He is now desperately fighting against an amendment on the ballot which will limit government's interference with abortion. I'll be glad to bet that over 50% will vote for the amendment.

There's no point in debating DeSantis right now (and I'm not going to) but you saw his poor effort trying to get the nomination. Fortunately he can't run for governor again.

BTW, I've never been a member of any political party so that's not what determines my vote in any election.

DeSantis deserved the outrage because he was more interested in promoting what he wanted than what the people wanted. Before his reelection Florida had passed a 15 week abortion bill which was acceptable to many. However, afterwards he promoted, and got passed, a 6 week bill which does not have the support of the people. He is now desperately fighting against an amendment on the ballot which will limit government's interference with abortion. I'll be glad to bet that over 50% will vote for the amendment.

There's no point in debating DeSantis right now (and I'm not going to) but you saw his poor effort trying to get the nomination. Fortunately he can't run for governor again.

BTW, I've never been a member of any political party so that's not what determines my vote in any election.
Desantis won Florida by 20 points recently,..he must have been doing something right for floridians..

Desantis and the Louisiana governor passed state laws to preserve local sovereignty from "equity, sustainability and governance" platitudes forced by international entities and local prosecutorial cohorts,...

Desantis and a few others stuck their necks out during the ESG and DEI revolutions when it was not cool to do so,...and now those acronyms are dieing in a violent death rattle as many major corporations have deleted such programs,...I must say,...thank you Desantis for being one of the first people to speak out

Desantis won Florida by 20 points recently,..he must have been doing something right for floridians..

Desantis and the Louisiana governor passed state laws to preserve local sovereignty from "equity, sustainability and governance" platitudes forced by international entities and local prosecutorial cohorts,...

Desantis and a few others stuck their necks out during the ESG and DEI revolutions when it was not cool to do so,...and now those acronyms are dieing in a violent death rattle as many major corporations have deleted such programs,...I must say,...thank you Desantis for being one of the first people to speak out
Recently?- I think you are out of touch with what was been going on in Florida. Most of the candidates he just backed for school board got defeated. And he only got 25% of the adult population. Did you not see him on the campaign trail? He's a loser.

• Haha
Reactions: cherrydawg
Recently?- I think you are out of touch with what was been going on in Florida. Most of the candidates he just backed for school board got defeated. And he only got 25% of the adult population. Did you not see him on the campaign trail? He's a loser.
The person out of touch in this thread is looking back at you in the mirror. You and a small percentage of people in FL don’t like RD. You need to live in Illinois, their politics would be more to your liking.

• Haha
Reactions: celticdawg
Truman was president in the late 40's. Eisenhower was a lefty by today's standards.
Truman was based and might be the most underrated president of all time. The prosperity in the 50s was a direct result of him gutting the commies FDR had appointed to the federal government.

You would have trouble finding any American political figure born in the 19th century that would be considered left wing in 2024 much less Eisenhower who frequently waxed poetically about General Lee.

Now Eisenhower sucked as president and was rightly hated but the Bircher society, but he implemented a deportation program called "Operation Wetback". So yeah tell us more about how he is a left winger by 2024 standards.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT