ADVERTISEMENT

Major jurisdiction revises COVID-19 death count down 25% due to...

BigDaddyDawgBreath

Hairy Cooontex
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
criteria that captured anyone who died with a positive COVID-19 test as a COVID-19 death. Not even close to being due to COVID-19... "clearly not caused by COVID-19" per the Health Department spokesmen.

Remember all the screeching that anyone who said this was a nut job? Another story where the so-called conspiracy theorists are being proven correct.

I think we will see much more of this as the panic fades and hard data can be assessed without the censorship, and then we will wonder even more what the hell we were doing by freaking out about anything other than protecting long term care facilities and sensitive populations who lived in the community. IMO.

I’m 52 and had 3 friends die from coronavirus. One of em was pretty old and fat, damn near any illness could have toppled him over, but the other two were under 65 and very healthy.

If you chalk 25% of the deaths up to “died with it” instead of “died from it” it’s still the the most fatal virus .... wait, why am I wasting my time.

I’m 52 and had 3 friends die from coronavirus. One of em was pretty old and fat, damn near any illness could have toppled him over, but the other two were under 65 and very healthy.

If you chalk 25% of the deaths up to “died with it” instead of “died from it” it’s still the the most fatal virus .... wait, why am I wasting my time.
agree KS. Very fatal and deadly virus. But at the same time, it was exploited for PR, political reasons, etc.. which is very very sad. And criminal. There a few teacher friends of mine who have died form COV. as well.

agree KS. Very fatal and deadly virus. But at the same time, it was exploited for PR, political reasons, etc.. which is very very sad. And criminal. There a few teacher friends of mine who have died form COV. as well.
All true.

criteria that captured anyone who died with a positive COVID-19 test as a COVID-19 death. Not even close to being due to COVID-19... "clearly not caused by COVID-19" per the Health Department spokesmen.

Remember all the screeching that anyone who said this was a nut job? Another story where the so-called conspiracy theorists are being proven correct.

I think we will see much more of this as the panic fades and hard data can be assessed without the censorship, and then we will wonder even more what the hell we were doing by freaking out about anything other than protecting long term care facilities and sensitive populations who lived in the community. IMO.

the trending posts on that satire site pretty hilarious too. And I quote:

"Fauci now recommends face masks over your eyes so you can’t read his leaked emails" 😂​

Although not far off as he shows up to Congress wearing two masks as Rand Paul correctly calls him out.

What you say is anecdotal about your acquaintances. I have a very wide circle of acquaintances and know in any way one person who has passed from it who was an acquaintance from over a decade ago and was quite old and not in the best health.

In my circle I know more people who have had bad reactions from the vaccine than have had even a bad bout with the virus.

My experiences are as anecdotal as yours but which experience is more common?

And perhaps you are right and I am wrong. You are not wasting your time to discuss it at least with me no matter what folks may tell you. However I am past done with people who refuse to be open minded on the other side to valid criticisms of demonstrably wrong things in this.

Ultimately IMO we have proof that a more targeted approach would have led to better overall outcomes in deaths and overall health and that the over-the-top response has not helped. *That* is my major point.

This isn't far from what I believe. Not sure where the mention of teacher death comes from as there is no statistical evidence than teachers died at any different rate than anyone else. In fact the research I have seen says teachers have been safer in their profession than others.

Exactly. Covid sucks! Know what else sucks? Burying your 60 y/o mother-in-law who died of ovarian cancer because J&J hid asbestos in its “baby” powder, while the criminals inside the corporation lied about it and got protection from the equally-criminal FDA. Why doesn’t the media focus on this? Or the millions of other deaths caused by the poisons laced in our food supply — again, made possible by the FDA? Why aren’t people outraged by the rates of pediatric cancer? Why doesn’t the media cover these things? Why treat Covid as THE ONLY thing that matters for 12+ months? I think we all know the answers to these questions.

ADVERTISEMENT