ADVERTISEMENT

Man, the stress, politics and emotions involved in travel baseball...

My son inherited his athletic genes from his mom's side of the family......

runs like he has on Bozo shoes, catches with his chest..........but even if he played like Brooks Robinson, I don't think I'd subject myself to that.

screw you whiney adults...how old are the kids?

surely ya'll do it b/c kids enjoy it..!?

I've heard other parents say the same. Maybe I denied my son a

valuable experience but damnb that commitment is a constant conflict. Guess I determined there are other competing priorities.

Heard too many times it was necessary for kids to get a look at a scholly. If it leads to one then I guess you made the right call.

Re: screw you whiney adults...how old are the kids?

11U. Only reason I do it is because I think kids this age need to learn and play the game in a way that fosters a love for playing. It's a real pain in the arse, but I enjoy most of it. I've got good kids and families for the most part.

funny, cause over 10 yrs parents will spend more than the value of a

baseball scholarship for the hope of getting one.

thought so but, why not community league? I played Dixie Youth and we had

damn good players....
our All-Stars won state more than once...
I was only slightly above average...
could run and steal like rabbit, fielded well yet,
my batting skills were lacking...
No Matter, you Good Man to handle kids in positive way!!!

that's what we did. Finished 3rd the last two yrs

Honestly one of the best experiences of my life. If it weren't for the proliferation travelball and its affect on rec ball that's where we'd be. I cut kids from my all star team that played travel ball the next season. It's gotten really bad. This is our first go at it.

My son plays 12u. It's been a real wake up call for him....

A lot more challenging and demanding than rec ball or summer all stars, especially in the area in which we live.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT