ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Mass Shooting at Jacksonville Landing

Just horrible. I can almost bet this is another guy that people knew was crazy.

Heard some chatter from those in the know that the Duvall County sheriffs office added extra security do to some talk about gang violence/retaliation at this even

Reactions: WatkinsVillain
Heard some chatter from those in the know that the Duvall County sheriffs office added extra security do to some talk about gang violence/retaliation at this even

Wow, gang violence and video game competition. Thats 2 things I would have never put together. Guess I'm getting old.

It was a gamer who lost. Not a gangbanger

It was a gamer who lost. Not a gangbanger
Whoever or whatever he was, just a ridiculous tragedy. This is one of the reasons I started carrying a couple of years ago. Had an incident on a job with someone who was definitely nuts. He began trying to stab people walking on the sidewalk, then went after a road crew. Started to charge at me while I was on a ladder, thought it was about to go down to a life or death struggle, all I had at the time was a hammer in my truck tool box, he stopped about 3 steps away and went after another guy walking in the yard just behind me. I promised myself then that I would never be in that situation again.

Whoever or whatever he was, just a ridiculous tragedy. This is one of the reasons I started carrying a couple of years ago. Had an incident on a job with someone who was definitely nuts. He began trying to stab people walking on the sidewalk, then went after a road crew. Started to charge at me while I was on a ladder, thought it was about to go down to a life or death struggle, all I had at the time was a hammer in my truck tool box, he stopped about 3 steps away and went after another guy walking in the yard just behind me. I promised myself then that I would never be in that situation again.
Yeah, I don't blame you. Not going to make this political, but mental health issues are a huge problem. You never know what someone is thinking or what they are going through. Pretty scary

Yeah, I don't blame you. Not going to make this political, but mental health issues are a huge problem. You never know what someone is thinking or what they are going through. Pretty scary[/QUOTE Luckily the cops got there before he killed someone. Found out later he had mental health issues and was on drugs. And of course he'd been arrested multiple times, and everyone that knew him said he was dangerous and needed to be off the street. Seems like the same old story, over and over. Scary and sad.

Reactions: kubi13

I carry when I can, but not at work, can't. I don't want to hurt anyone, I just want a fighting chance to get away.

I lived in Macon/Warner Robbins area about 5 years ago, someone killed a paraplegic durring a home invasion. I got my CCP the next week. 80.00 and 2 weeks later my permit came. Down here in Fla, you have to go through so many hoops, I’m just waiting for the gun show to get it all done at once. Still going to run 200+.

I have had a CCP for ten years, and always carry. I just can't stand the thoughts of one of these nut jobs attacking my family, and having no chance at all of defending them.

I lived in Macon/Warner Robbins area about 5 years ago, someone killed a paraplegic durring a home invasion. I got my CCP the next week. 80.00 and 2 weeks later my permit came. Down here in Fla, you have to go through so many hoops, I’m just waiting for the gun show to get it all done at once. Still going to run 200+.

I’m there with you brother. Tired of this shit.

I’m there with you brother. Tired of this shit.
Agreed. IMHO, this $hit is a product of many of today's societal ills, from parents not whooping that a$$ (in a loving way of course) to participation trophies in children's sports. Kids need to learn how to win and lose with humility and dignity, and once upon a time, youth sports offered a great atmosphere for teaching many very important life lessons.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT