ADVERTISEMENT

Mexico question for those that live or travel there frequently

MaxDawg55

National Champion
Dec 5, 2023
In early stage of considering a move there. Going to take a vacation/scouting trip. Appreciate any guidance from those that know the country. Golf & water are things I’d like to have, at least nearby. Smaller communities or towns.
Thanks & Go Dawgs!

Only been there a few times for vacation, so experience is limited. But Puerto Morelos was a quiant town. An expat took me diving from there. Also went diving out of Puerto Aventura, which is much more developed and should have a good expat population.

Reactions: MaxDawg55
In early stage of considering a move there. Going to take a vacation/scouting trip. Appreciate any guidance from those that know the country. Golf & water are things I’d like to have, at least nearby. Smaller communities or towns.
Thanks & Go Dawgs!
I believe both @pitsbull and @elevator live in Mexico.

Lady I used to work with has a place with her husband on an island off Venezuela. Nice place,too, but miight get island fever there

I wouldn’t recommend it. The diving is OK, some good resort places. It’s been 8 years since I was there but our hotel was patrolled by soldiers with machine guns 24/7.
Wow. I just read there’s minor crime there.

Wow. I just read there’s minor crime there.
https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...raveladvisories/honduras-travel-advisory.htmlMaybe it’s changed in the last 8 years. We stayed in a resort in West End that was pretty nice. It was two story buildings around a huge pool and right on the ocean. Paradise something or other. The soldiers patrolled the grounds all day and night, which is not a good sign. Countries like Honduras and Mexico try very hard to protect tourists. Here’s the latest State Department advisory. It’s Level 3 for the country, not specifically Roatan. 3 means don’t go.

Reactions: SLC_Dawg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT