ADVERTISEMENT

Mike White

smcs

National Champion
Gold Member
Nov 28, 2006
We can’t close games because MW is horrible with personnel decisions from what I can tell. We made our run with JD and DJ playing the 4/5 with Tchewa on the bench. We also seem to gain ground with Hill on the bench and lose ground when he’s in. He is a liability on D and a turnover machine. I would much rather have Silas or Noah creating with the ball in their hands. I do think there is a role for Hill on this team as an offensive spark off the bench, not as a starter and leading the team in minutes rarely coming off the floor. However, MW went with Hill and Tchewa to close the game and to no one’s surprise, we were unable to.
* Also, playing Hill on the backend of a 1-3-1 is absolutely laughable. White seems to think that because we struggled against this D that other SEC programs would as well. But you cannot play a 1-3-1 with Hill or Tchewa in the game. JD and DJ? Sure, mix it in here and there.
** If MW went back to his La Tech/Early Fla style of play, I think it would fit this team well as long as the correct personnel is used. Regardless, MW has not inspired any confidence in the past 2 seasons and I do not think he is the guy to turn this program around. Next year will ultimately determine whether he is or not, imo.

Reactions: silverridge
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.