ADVERTISEMENT

Monty Rice..

Seems like a legitimate complaint to me
Maybe it isn't. Maybe how you comment on things matters some too.
I doubt anyone has said, just say what you want and watch the world burn. Then they came along after he said something and said shut up and play football.
There is a nuance in there somewhere he is missing.
He still represents more than just himself imo.

Just a heads up. This is open for discussion but other posts have been deleted for using a derogatory comment. They used a word that we won't allow to be used on the board. We wouldn't let a post with the n-word stay up and I don't think we should use that one either. Those posts will continue to be deleted. Doesn't matter if Rice supposedly used it. We will not.

Does this have to do with the HW post?

lolol..
raw

Yeah, players have the right to speak up. Others have no problem voicing their opinions. Although Monty could’ve disagreed more appropriately.

he has a right to speak up (as you said he could have disagreed with respect, but he didn't not to) and others have a right to speak up regarding his comment and give him their feedback..

I understand Monty's point completely and it's a fair point....but what about the "Bs" in Chicago every weekend? When will an athlete speak up on that? Or will they only take to twitter when a black man is shot for disobeying police?

(This isn't an endorsement of the cops shooting him 7 times, but if he obeyed he wouldn't have been shot seven times, likely not even one time.)

He's not getting backlash for any political viewpoint or speaking out - he's getting backlash for posting a screenshot of Herschel speaking at the RNC with a banner of a racial slur above it (presumably because he takes issue with HW speaking about his own political viewpoint - how ironic).

Monty needs to grow up. He's getting a lesson in being an adult in the real world right now, so maybe he will.

Last edited:
Talking about the fan backlash, because grown men feel the need to “educate” these kids on why their politics are better than theirs via twitter
Politics and free speech are one thing, using a derogatory racial slur toward someone you don’t agree with shouldn’t be accepted by anyone, regardless of skin color.

He has an absolute right to his opinion and there can also be consequences for that opinion.

Last edited:
Totally fair. Just trying gain clarity as to what happened.
Can't say for certain. Seems likely. It is a tricky spot as this is a current player but it is also political (so move all discussion to the Chat?) and an attack on another player (although former) so should it be deleted? Tough call.

Can't say for certain. Seems likely. It is a tricky spot as this is a current player but it is also political (so move all discussion to the Chat?) and an attack on another player (although former) so should it be deleted? Touch call.
So it was a negative post directed at Herschel Walker?

He's not getting backlash for any political viewpoint or speaking out - he's getting backlash for posting a screenshot of Herschel speaking at the RNC with a banner of a racial slur above it. (Presumably because he takes issue with HW speaking about his own political viewpoint - how ironic).

Monty needs to grow up. He's getting a lesson in being an adult in the real world right now so maybe he will.

Monty believes he can say whatever he wants and not have anyone question him even when he does something that disrespectful.

Can't say for certain. Seems likely. It is a tricky spot as this is a current player but it is also political (so move all discussion to the Chat?) and an attack on another player (although former) so should it be deleted? Touch call.
In my opinion I really isn’t. We are talking about 2 of our players from our beloved university. Moving it to the chat would decrease the amount of conversation and also debase its. Here it gets more “eyeballs” and discussion which is needed.

Definitely not advocating for what he posted. Agreed that people have the right to voice their opinion to them, but how many times has someone actually had their mind changed by someone on twitter leading off with “let me educate you”.

The bottom line is the majority of CFB fans care about these players on Saturday afternoons (provided they perform well). Anything else that is going on in their lives or how they feel about certain topics doesn’t matter if it doesn’t match up with their views.
The majority of the problem is social media, in all its forms, isn’t a balanced forum on any side. It’s a look at me forum.

This instance is especially bad as it’s my university and 2 players representing my university.

Also, I’ve heard much talk the past few weeks from Kirby and others about education, tolerance and discussion. This is none of those and it’s not a good look.

In my opinion I really isn’t. We are talking about 2 of our players from our beloved university. Moving it to the chat would decrease the amount of conversation and also debase its. Here it gets more “eyeballs” and discussion which is needed.
Yeah, but it is mainly political and thus belongs on the Chat. Look at the responses so far. And some of the topics on the Chat get far more eyeballs thane ones here.

Reactions: Finn1
Politics and free speech are one thing, using a derogatory racial slur toward someone you don’t agree with shouldn’t accepted by anyone, regardless of skin color.

He has an absolute right to his opinion and there can also be consequences for that opinion.

But it's what they do.. and by they, I mean the left, the liberal, the democrat.

ADVERTISEMENT