ADVERTISEMENT

More evidence we are an unserious country "a Vibe-rarian"? WTF?

WyoDawg307

Username change stuck in Yahoo purgatory
Gold Member
Oct 9, 2001
Jackson Wy sometimes Gainesville, Ga
I cannot finish this drivel, but further evidence of the complete idiots that are in charge of our country. No wonder our enemies just laugh at us.
And I never would read Axios, but I made the mistake of clicking the link because I didn't know what a Vibe-rarian was. Using Tiktok to help run our country is a sure sign that end times are near.

https://www.axios.com/2024/08/19/economy-inflation-biden-white-house

A central economic fact of the Biden years has been that Americans' attitudes about the economy have been highly negative despite economic data that has been good, and sometimes great.
The big picture: Economists — in the White House and elsewhere — are increasingly taking public opinion seriously, relying on a skill not often taught in the halls of academia where they earned their Ph.D.s: empathy.

• That means understanding the sense of misery facing sticker-shocked consumers as an important input, even if the data shows the rate of inflation has declined precipitously from 2022 highs.

The intrigue: This disconnect has posed a communications challenge for White House economists. Officials couldn't brag about inflation's plunge from record levels without acknowledging that average Americans feel pinched by high prices.

• Along with the usual reams of economic data, Council of Economic Advisors chair Jared Bernstein consults a Gen Z staffer, dubbed in-house as the "vibe-rarian."
  • This staffer, Molly Opinsky, at times updates Bernstein on the economic vibes observed on social media platforms including TikTok.
  • One example: Groceries started showing up in TikTok videos of shopping "hauls" — when influencers post videos about their purchases — along with complaints about the high prices at the supermarket.

Axios' target audience is zoomers (Gen Z). It doesn't matter if it makes sense, it just needs to get eyeballs. I don't spend time on TikTok so I guess I'm missing out on vibes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT