ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg Most accurate Covid test??

HuntinDawg

All I Want To Do Is Eat
Gold Member
Jul 19, 2001
Coweta Co., GA
We’ve all heard people say that the test is possibly overly sensitive and prone to false positives. We know that Saban got a false positive (later a real positive) and others have as well.

Which test is the most accurate? My wife and I both got the PCR test today (no results yet). Is that one of the more accurate tests?

My wife is a school teacher and they quarantined her whole class today because there are 3 positives in her class alone. Other kids were already quarantined so that will likely go up.

It goes both ways. We have some friends who got sick with all the earmarks of Covid in 2020, fever, headache, severe fatigue, sore throat, bad flu symptoms, loss of smell and taste, wife was bedridden for almost 2 weeks, husband only 1 week. Tested negative, multiple tests negative. They both tested positive for the antibodies last month.

Reactions: Dawg 'n IT
We’ve all heard people say that the test is possibly overly sensitive and prone to false positives. We know that Saban got a false positive (later a real positive) and others have as well.

Which test is the most accurate? My wife and I both got the PCR test today (no results yet). Is that one of the more accurate tests?

My wife is a school teacher and they quarantined her whole class today because there are 3 positives in her class alone. Other kids were already quarantined so that will likely go up.

The one Saban took before our game last year seemed legit.

JkSw7zm.jpg
My nephew in York, England recommends this one:
https://www.news18.com/news/buzz/te...e-by-using-soft-drinks-heres-how-3922211.html

Three main types of test out there:

1. PCR - “gold standard”. Molecular test designed to detect presence of viral genetic material. Detected/positive result equates to confirmed presence of viral material above detection threshold, and usually correlates with active infection. Nasal swab or saliva tube.

2. Rapid/antigen - significantly less expensive and usually a faster result. Quite a few different kits on the market (BinaxNOW is most accurate per our observation). Preferred by many employers due to lower logistical overhead and faster turnaround, though far less accurate and prone to false result. Swab.

3. Antibody test - blood test designed to detect spike protein antibodies. Theoretically would equate to evidence of past infection/future immunity, though these kits are notoriously inaccurate (often 50% or below). Personally, I would disregard these entirely as of now, and have turned down commercial opportunities due to inaccuracy.

It can be quite confusing to determine exactly what test you received, but PCR is going to be the best quality data.

Reactions: HuntinDawg
Three main types of test out there:

1. PCR - “gold standard”. Molecular test designed to detect presence of viral genetic material. Detected/positive result equates to confirmed presence of viral material above detection threshold, and usually correlates with active infection. Nasal swab or saliva tube.

2. Rapid/antigen - significantly less expensive and usually a faster result. Quite a few different kits on the market (BinaxNOW is most accurate per our observation). Preferred by many employers due to lower logistical overhead and faster turnaround, though far less accurate and prone to false result. Swab.

3. Antibody test - blood test designed to detect spike protein antibodies. Theoretically would equate to evidence of past infection/future immunity, though these kits are notoriously inaccurate (often 50% or below). Personally, I would disregard these entirely as of now, and have turned down commercial opportunities due to inaccuracy.

It can be quite confusing to determine exactly what test you received, but PCR is going to be the best quality data.
Thanks for the info.

According to an email I received, this is the test I got:

SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) RT-PCR

It goes both ways. We have some friends who got sick with all the earmarks of Covid in 2020, fever, headache, severe fatigue, sore throat, bad flu symptoms, loss of smell and taste, wife was bedridden for almost 2 weeks, husband only 1 week. Tested negative, multiple tests negative. They both tested positive for the antibodies last month.
Weird, because natural immunity cannot exist. So, in reality, they probably are dead.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT