ADVERTISEMENT

Movie “Reagan”

BlessedDawg

Diehard supporter
Jan 17, 2020
If you haven’t seen it, go, it’s worth it.
Peace through strength broke up the old Soviet Union. You’d think our leaders today would have learned a valuable lesson from the 1980’s on how to project strength on the world stage. Can you imagine going in to negotiations with Russia, China and others with Antony Blinken or Jake Sullivan leading the way. They project weakness and a willingness to compromise on core values. How much money can we give you to agree with us on a deal? We need strong leadership and Harris just doesn’t have it.

Peace through strength broke up the old Soviet Union. You’d think our leaders today would have learned a valuable lesson from the 1980’s on how to project strength on the world stage. Can you imagine going in to negotiations with Russia, China and others with Antony Blinken or Jake Sullivan leading the way. They project weakness and a willingness to compromise on core values. How much money can we give you to agree with us on a deal? We need strong leadership and Harris just doesn’t have it.
Did it tell you that Reagan eliminated deducting credit card interest on taxes, and all other interest except mortgage in 1986? Did it say that tax on tips started with him? He also raised FICA taxes.

Right.

Did it tell you that Reagan eliminated deducting credit card interest on taxes, and all other interest except mortgage in 1986? Did it say that tax on tips started with him? He also raised FICA taxes.
Don’t think too many were complaining back then after what Jimmy Carter left him:

2.21.24tab1.png

Jimmy 48.6% inflation or just over 12% annually. Reagan, just under 5% annually for 96 months.

Link:

Yep, went this past Friday. Thought it was outstanding, still selling out.

Reactions: DawglegrightinSC
It told me that he stared down the USSR and they shat the bed so bad that the once co-equal world power is no more.
You think any weak assed Dem could have done that?

I saw an interview with him and Johnny Carson from the 70’s. It was nice to actually hear a conservative be able to go on a late night talk show. What he said then rings true today. You have to be more educated to do your taxes than you do to run a business.

Reactions: DawglegrightinSC
When Dems can’t agree that Reagan was a great POTUS then you know we are a divided country. I can look back and say that JFK and even Clinton were overall pretty good presidents. I didn’t agree with everything they did but acknowledge that the country was in a good place during their administrations.

Reactions: d-dawg and ugadoc
Every time I see Blinken and Sullivan I think they are major wimps. No spine anywhere in our current leadership. Bunch of spineless p….

Reactions: d-dawg
I saw an interview with him and Johnny Carson from the 70’s. It was nice to actually hear a conservative be able to go on a late night talk show. What he said then rings true today. You have to be more educated to do your taxes than you do to run a business.
Carson was great because he didn’t play politics. No idea what his affiliation was. That’s the way it should be.

Reactions: zingerdawg
In conjunction with reducing the hell out of tax rates. Net net the dude smoked it on the economy.
Deduction for credit card interest now would mean no taxes paid there are so many overextended on cc. It would encourage bad behavior. CC weren’t as widespread as now. I think that was a good thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT