ADVERTISEMENT

Prayer Request My Dad is in a fight for his life. Requesting a little assistance, in the form of prayer, from all angles, including the Vent.

Toddparm

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2009
Thank you in advance for any form of prayers for my dad. My dad’s name is Ralph and he’s 87. He just suffered a heart attack, Thursday evening, but it has taken a turn for the worse and surgery is coming next. I am packing up and heading back home from Las Vegas to be with my mom, brothers and sisters, who called me early today, for the request you dread, “You had better get home.”.

Just know my dad did it right his whole life and I know he has some fight left in him, but my only focus is to get back to him and tell him in person, while he’s still with us, what he means to me and that I am nowhere in this life without the guidance, support and love that he provided me.

I knew this day was eventually coming, but doesn’t mean I want to accept it.

🙏

Update (07/06/24): I wanted to share that my dad is out of ICU and moved to a Rehab facility and has been working hard to become mobile and more self-sufficient so he can get back home and receive in-home care. My dad definitely won’t be himself prior to his heart attack, and his quality of life will be challenged, but today’s news and his condition is a huge improvement from where he was 10 days ago.

I did show my family the amazing support and outreach from the many, many individuals on the Vent. My family and I believe the thoughts, prayers and well wishes were a big part of my dad’s turn around. I am not sure how long my dad will stay with us, but I was afforded the chance to tell him what he means and meant to me, and so did my other brothers and sister.

I don’t have the words to express to you all what your comments meant to us. “Thank you” is not enough.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.