ADVERTISEMENT

My optimistic recruiting thoughts 1/24

85dawgboy

Letterman and National Champion
Gold Member
Jan 12, 2014
Alot of things going on the last two weeks as usual. A few days ago everyone was freaking out about how we would close. It looks like we have 5 spots left we can fill, Ganus gives us 26 commits, but he doesn't count against the class just the 85 number.

So what if we believe we have R. Smith, R. McGraw, and P. Allan on board, not unrealistic based on reports the past few days. That leaves us with 2 spots, what if we feel good about P. Williams who we have apparently been working hard. Down to one spot.

N. Buchanon and S. Madden seem to be listening at OT, Mark Walton just left town as another highly rated RB, we are bringing Choates in for a visit at S, and still working to get Willaims in to vist at CB.

S. Willson is someone Pruitt really wants at CB, but he wants to play receiver and is flirting with others who are offering there. Carson was an early enrollee who didn't get in early, but appears strongly committed.

Stanley who was injured this year is visiting South Florida schools this week, maybe we encouraged him to.

Stanley goes elsewhere, down 1 reciever, now have 6 spots, sign the top three guys above and P. Williams then bring in Wilson as an athlete with the offer to start as receiver. This stategy could explain our telling Van Jefferson we have moved on best of luck and Stanleys visits. If we really want Wilson we can now tell him we are down 2 recievers and only signing one to replace him, so he gets a shot. Still have two spots left for a combination of Buchanan, Madden, Walton, Choates, Williams.

I realize this is a best case scenario, and in the past I'd have no realistic hope of this happening, but for some reason I think it's possible with this staff and their approach. If we close with 2 5.9 4stars, 2 5.8 4 stars hang on to Wilson and possibly add a 6.0 Walton or 5.7 Madden or underrated Buchannan I'd be ecstatic especially if we only lose an injured Stanley.

Obviously all conjecture on my part but I believe these guys could pull it off. Gonna be an interesting close, if we hold on to what we have I'm ok, if we hold on and close like I listed above home run regardless of where we end up ranked.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News