ADVERTISEMENT

My Thoughts

andrewdc07

Diehard supporter
Gold Member
Nov 3, 2015
LaGrange, GA
My Thoughts on the Game

I don’t often post here after a loss but I was at the game last night and just wanted to share my thoughts as a mere causal observer and fan. I respect all of you here and have enjoyed being a part of this board and contributing as a fan and as an “insider” (haha) when the opportunity presents itself with my job.

Gotta give credit to the Alabama staff—they had a solid game plan. (I have a personal friend on the Bama Staff so I know the work they put in for sure) Especially early on, they attacked the edges of our defense with the QB run game and used motion to create mismatches. They really did a good job moving our defenders out of position. On defense, Bama disguised their coverages well, mixing zone and man, plus bringing pressure at just the right times. Milroe is looking like a legit Heisman contender, and Ryan Williams…that kid could end up being an all-time great at Alabama. Did you know he’s only 17? (I know, I’m being a bit of a smart ass, ha).

Now, on to the Dawgs. I hated the outcome, but I loved the championship response they showed. After being down 28-0, we outscored Bama 34-6 (makes you wonder what could’ve been) and even took a 34-33 lead. That first quarter was rough and set the tone for the game. Dropping passes that could lead to scoring chances and committing dumb penalties on key third downs really hurt us. But Carson Beck bounced back and showed real poise in the second half, And can we talk about Dillon Bell? That dude is a playmaker! We’ve gotta keep getting him the ball; he’s so versatile. I was so proud of the defense for hanging in there and giving us a chance to even come back into this game. I’m not gonna get into the Bobo theatrics you either like him or you don’t. I’m not here to sway your opinion.

In the end, it’s another tough chapter in our series with Bama. But honestly, this matchup felt different than even last year. Bama’s got a new coaching staff and scheme, so all the institutional knowledge we carried over from Kirby’s time with Saban didn’t really apply. It was Bama on the jerseys, but an entirely new team and strategy. Comparing this game to past matchups doesn’t really make sense, in my opinion.

Finally, shoutout to the atmosphere at Bryant-Denny—it was electric. The fans were electric. Would love to see the Tide play in Sanford during the Kirby Smart era (They will next year!) always feels like we are on the road against these guys. Would love our fans to respond in a huge way the next two home games and make life hell for Auburn and State before the dawgs head to Austin. (I have more thoughts on the BDS Stadium atmosphere but I’ll share that later)

There’s plenty to work on, but if you don’t trust Kirby to get it right after everything he’s done to bring this program back to the national stage, you probably need your head checked!

Go Dawgs!

@athensdawg88
@Radi Nabulsi
@lagrangedawg007

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.