ADVERTISEMENT

My vaccine is for me, not thee - vaccines fail to give Iceland herd immunity...

BigDaddyDawgBreath

Hairy Cooontex
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
The authoritarian vaccine movement is 180 degrees off because the underlying premise is wrong.

Vaccines do not stop spread. Vaccines cannot provide herd immunity.

I guess we need to keep repeating that because without herd immunity via vaccines the government and businesses have no ethical basis for even incentivizing them, much less mandating them.

The vaccines are a personal protective measure, which must remain a personal choice. Keep raising appropriate hell about all this. It can make a difference.

So, it’s not really a vaccine, so let’s not call it that.
And what is mind numbing is that this was all knowable from the beginning. All one had to do was read what the trials actually did and didn't do.

A big part of me being the insufferable blowhard I have been to many here the last year plus is seeing things like this coming, posting about it, and folks having the understandable reaction of "dude let it go - we just do this one more thing and they will leave us alone".

From March. Trying to warn folks the CDC and others were possibly setting up a house of cards with the claim that vaccines stop transmission/ would achieve herd immunity.

Last edited:
And what is mind numbing is that this was all knowable from the beginning. All one had to do was read what the trials actually did and didn't do.

A big part of me being the insufferable blowhard I have been to many here the last year plus is seeing things like this coming, posting about it, and folks having the understandable reaction of "dude let it go - we just do this one more thing and they will leave us alone".

From March. Trying to warn folks the CDC and others were possibly setting up a house of cards with the claim that vaccines stop transmission/ would achieve herd immunity.

I've been telling my mother and sister that it's a NyQuil injection from the beginning because all of the real research I read about how these shots work never suggested prevention of infection or spread, only the relative suppression of some symptoms.

It's crazy how both the MSM and health agencies pushed a false narrative despite these reports being available to the public as well as some doctors and scientists even speaking the truth about functionality in interviews.

The source of misinformation has been the collective authority the entire time.

The irony is I would have been stoked at the idea of a therapeutic injection that mitigates Covid-19 symptoms such that 99% of infections wouldn't require hospitalization or death. It would have been a miracle stop-gap given our understanding of vaccines and how long it takes to make safe ones and I believe the vast majority of people would have been in favor of such an option. Instead, these shots were marketed to the people as a path to normalcy including explicitly stating that being vaccinated stops the spread.

Why was this lie so important to maintain? Why was it not good enough to acknowledge that Covid-19 will spread and our best short-term bet is to strengthen our immune systems and treat the symptoms until we achieve herd immunity? Because other motives are at play that have nothing to do with our health. It's all about using the virus to establish control.

People who claim they can't understand the distrust need to pull their heads out of the sand and acknowledge that lies have been spread through official channels from the beginning while the authority established itself in the name of science all while censoring the actual practice of science by anyone who even questioned the official narrative.

Manipulation based on lies is not good for establishing trust no matter the positive benefits. But then again, it's in our nature to lie and manipulate others for benefit even if we don't perceive those actions as harmful.

Trust requires truth. Without trust there will never be full compliance.

get vaccinated and still got to wear a mask lol

giphy.gif

A huge issue is the complete lack of tracking actual covid cases (not pcr test false positives) and saying that this is the first virus in history where natural immunity is good for only 90 days. The naturally immune should be leading the charge, yet we are lumped into a false narrative.

The vaccine-has-chips crowd has been full of it as well, but probably not as much so as the authorities have. And the authorities being wrong has had *far* more significance because they are actually in charge.
As a normal, slightly right conservative let me publicly say that we do not claim the 5G/chip/government tracking vaccine crowd.

If everyone was vaccinated, you'd damn sure end COVID. There's been really poor communication and setting of expectations for sure, but that's compounded by posts like this that still fail to understand vaccines.

Breakthrough infections have impacted less than 1% of vaccinated. Consider the efficacy results of the vaccine were in the mid-90% for Modern and Pfizer, and Moderna now showing 93% efficacy after 6 months. There should actually be more breakthrough infections. J&J is garbage.

Also consider that 97% of Delta hospitalizations nationally are unvaccinated.

And if you need some local reference, take a gander at the state of Georgia cases map. The surge in our state right now are rural south Georgia areas with low vaccination rates.

The vaccine has/is working spectacularly well. It would defeat COVID is more got the shot.

I respect individual choice. Just quit whining about it. And definitely don't whine if you end up in the hospital or die when you inevitably get COVID.

Last edited:
If everyone was vaccinated, you'd damn sure end COVID. There's been really poor communication and setting of expectations for sure, but that's compounded by posts like this that still fail to understand vaccines.

Breakthrough infections have impacted less than 1% of vaccinated. Consider the efficacy results of the vaccine were in the mid-90% for Modern and Pfizer, and Moderna now showing 93% efficacy after 6 months. There should actually be more breakthrough infections. J&J is garbage.

And if you need some local reference, take a gander at the state of Georgia cases map. The surge in our state right now are rural south Georgia areas with low vaccination rates.

The vaccine has/is working spectacularly well. It would defeat COVID is more got the shot.

I respect individual choice. Just quit whining about it. And definitely don't whine if you end up in the hospital or die when you inevitably get COVID.
Define "end Covid".

Breakthrough infections have impacted less than 1% of vaccinated
That is a very misleading statistic IMO.

Any claim by CDC on breakthrough infections is horsesh-- because they simply quit tracking any breakthroughs that didn't end in hospitalization or death. This is a documented fact no one disputes.

Therefore the numerator in that 1% is probably wildly less than the real number. There is no way UK, Gibraltar, San Francisco, Iceland and other places with very high vaccination rates could have seen the case spikes they had with such a minimal real impact of cases in vaccinated.

As more context, see this study. COVID outbreak in a mine in French Guiana. Almost all were vaccinated yet 60% of fully vaccinated got COVID-19. The percentage of unvaccinated who got COVID was 75% but N equaled 4 so even one less would have made it 50%. Statistically that means no meaningful difference in infection attack rates between vaccinated and unvaccinated.

Longer cite below.

The only way out of this is to quit pretending vaccines, masks, social distancing, or vaccine passports work. Trust the vaccines as the individual protective measures they are and move on. If someone doesn't get vaccinated it is a personal decision with only personal consequences.

There is literally no other plausible way out IMO.

"The attack rate was 15/25 (60.0%) in fully vaccinated miners, 6/15 (40.0%) in those partially vaccinated or with a history of COVID-19, and 3/4 (75%) in those not vaccinated. Attack rate was 0/6 among persons with a previous history of COVID-19 versus 63.2% among those with no previous history (Table). No other factors were found to be associated with the risk for infection."

Reactions: elderdawg
And if you need some local reference, take a gander at the state of Georgia cases map. The surge in our state right now are rural south Georgia areas with low vaccination rates
Which was the same pattern last year in the summer surge, before vaccines.

The sooner we come to terms with the fact vaccines do not prevent spread the faster we can move forward.

Which was the same pattern last year in the summer surge, before vaccines.

The sooner we come to terms with the fact vaccines do not prevent spread the faster we can move forward.
Less than 1% of vaccinated have had breakthrough infections. They absolutely do impact spread.

Reactions: nice marmot
guy is fired up today and is on some covid rants.
he wants everyone to know he is vaxxed and if you get vaxxed if will end .
BS!
I mean they have been talking about boosters since the shots came out and with Delta we're seeing that boosters are inevitable for vaxxed.

There isn't an end of Covid in sight.

Reactions: elderdawg

Is this sarc? If not...

This post is so full of misinformation, I don't no where to start. If vaxed subjects have just a lesser chance of serious symptoms, for maybe 6 months, before they wear off, how does that end this virus, and more importantly, the mutations that arise. Speaking of mutations, viruses don't need to mutate if they enter a subject with no immunity. But when they enter a system that slows it down due to a vaccine, that is when mutations are more likely appear.

Is this sarc? If not...

This post is so full of misinformation, I don't no where to start. If vaxed subjects have just a lesser chance of serious symptoms, for maybe 6 months, before they wear off, how does that end this virus, and more importantly, the mutations that arise. Speaking of mutations, viruses don't need to mutate if they enter a subject with no immunity. But when they enter a system that slows it down due to a vaccine, that is when mutations are more likely appear.
Misinformation? You do realize data on Moderna realeased last week showed 93% efficacy at 6 months post-vaccination?

Less than 1% of vaccinated have had breakthrough infections. They absolutely do impact spread.
That 1% number is wrong. I already laid this out in another response. Vaccines do not stop spread.

Still doubt it? Here is CDC director herself admitting it plainly now: "What (vaccines) can׳t do anymore is prevent transmission".

Hack - we will not get out of this ignoring reality. CDC has done it repeatedly and this is why we are where we are.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT