ADVERTISEMENT

Mysteriously missing - all the articles regarding school related outbreaks / kids sick of COVID....

Is it because:

A) The media doesn't want to panic anyone about the virus, so they are choosing to instead write stories about other things?
B) There aren't many, if any, sick kids in this Country of 330 Million.
Great point! Maybe ole Roy or one of the other chat Dems will tell us why.

Reactions: Dirty Hairy Dawg
Is it because:

A) The media doesn't want to panic anyone about the virus, so they are choosing to instead write stories about other things?

but, but...there was a photo of a crowded high school hallway and nobody was wearing a mask!

Well, if I posted about the school closings in Florida I would be accused by you idiots of just posting bad news.

So, why should I bother? Go post your fake news.

but, but...there was a photo of a crowded high school hallway and nobody was wearing a mask!

Funny you should mention that. Here is the weekly COVID report from that County (Paulding).

As you can see, there are (and have been) so few cases, it's hardly worth mentioning. Meanwhile, 20,000+ students are doing what they are supposed to do. And, parenthetically, the seriously at-risk ones are seeing Mandatory Reporters daily.

Yet, there are still systems in Georgia that are foolishly locked down tighter than a drum.

Reactions: Dirty Hairy Dawg
Is it because:

As been stated here many times...I do work in the school business.....it has not been easy.......

In your opinion....three staff members have been hospitalized....its been a tough go...we signed up for it and we can handle it....but it is not just going without incidents.

I am so sorry. What many fail to mention is these kids are also around adults. This virus is real and the impact on families is real. I’m so sad it has turned into such a political agenda on both sides.

And most likely did not get it from a school kid. Virus gonna do what a virus does. Its past time to get back to normal life. And that includes the good and bad.

Reactions: dirtytoeddawg
I am so sorry. What many fail to mention is these kids are also around adults. This virus is real and the impact on families is real. I’m so sad it has turned into such a political agenda on both sides.

Influenza is also real and has killed a lot more more children than COVID. It also is a risk to seniors, even though there is a vaccine.

And what about adults? The only adults that are in the high risk category are those over the age of 70, and even they have a 94.7% survival IF they even get it. Median age of death is 79. Most of those who have died have had 2 or more comorbidities, many of those terminal. Average life span in the US is 78, just for perspective. Survival of adults 20-69 years of age is 99.99%. Most adults over the age of 70 (including my Dad) wonder what the big deal is - they have all lived through World Wars, Vietnam, pandemics, recession, 9/11. So tell me why adults should be freaking out over something that carries a lower risk of killing them than driving to work or school. And please don’t go on about POSSIBLE long-term effects from a virus that has only been around 8 months. There are possible long term effects from just about anything in life, including diseases that have been around so long no one really cares any more. Exactly how risk averse have we become? If adults are seriously scared of a virus that has a 0.003 - 0.02% chance of killing you, and MIGHT cause long-term effects if you do get it, then we are in serious trouble as a country and civilization.

No one talks about the deaths and long-term effects that have occurred because of lockdowns, school closures, and closure of small businesses. Suicides are up big time among adults AND children. Alzeihmers patients and cancer patients are dying in higher number than ever before because they aren’t getting the care they need. We have record levels of depression and alcoholism. Are those not concerns to anyone? These ARE issue that will have long term effects on people and society as a whole. So, once again, please explain to me why we are becoming irrational over a virus with a 0.02% mortality for most healthy adults and a 0.003% mortality for children?

my wife works for a small school system that went back Aug 4th, 9 lower grade schools, 3 middle schools, 3 public and two private high schools, they have had a lot of quarantines but no hospitalizations that I am aware of, a co worker of hers who has a list of underlying conditions(auto immune, obese, diabetes) contracted it and is back to work and fine, when she got it I thought uh oh she will be the one that has a really tough time with it but she didn't thankfully, not saying it isn't real but the statistics are overwhelming that it is worth having kids in school, My wife did tour a few years ago of the homeless or kids living in horrible conditions in her system and we are not some poverty stricken county, but sometimes the only time these kids get heat or ac, soap, meals, or see a mandatory reporters is if they are in school

my wife works for a small school system that went back Aug 4th, 9 lower grade schools, 3 middle schools, 3 public and two private high schools, they have had a lot of quarantines but no hospitalizations that I am aware of, a co worker of hers who has a list of underlying conditions(auto immune, obese, diabetes) contracted it and is back to work and fine, when she got it I thought uh oh she will be the one that has a really tough time with it but she didn't thankfully, not saying it isn't real but the statistics are overwhelming that it is worth having kids in school, My wife did tour a few years ago of the homeless or kids living in horrible conditions in her system and we are not some poverty stricken county, but sometimes the only time these kids get heat or ac, soap, meals, or see a mandatory reporters is if they are in school

i don’t have children so I am by no means lobbying for kids to be in or not be in school. It’s not in my wheelhouse. It is just hurtful to me when people act like the virus is gone and not real. It’s impacted many people close to me.

Reactions: celticdawg
Influenza is also real and has killed a lot more more children than COVID. It also is a risk to seniors, even though there is a vaccine.

And what about adults? The only adults that are in the high risk category are those over the age of 70, and even they have a 94.7% survival IF they even get it. Median age of death is 79. Most of those who have died have had 2 or more comorbidities, many of those terminal. Average life span in the US is 78, just for perspective. Survival of adults 20-69 years of age is 99.99%. Most adults over the age of 70 (including my Dad) wonder what the big deal is - they have all lived through World Wars, Vietnam, pandemics, recession, 9/11. So tell me why adults should be freaking out over something that carries a lower risk of killing them than driving to work or school. And please don’t go on about POSSIBLE long-term effects from a virus that has only been around 8 months. There are possible long term effects from just about anything in life, including diseases that have been around so long no one really cares any more. Exactly how risk averse have we become? If adults are seriously scared of a virus that has a 0.003 - 0.02% chance of killing you, and MIGHT cause long-term effects if you do get it, then we are in serious trouble as a country and civilization.

No one talks about the deaths and long-term effects that have occurred because of lockdowns, school closures, and closure of small businesses. Suicides are up big time among adults AND children. Alzeihmers patients and cancer patients are dying in higher number than ever before because they aren’t getting the care they need. We have record levels of depression and alcoholism. Are those not concerns to anyone? These ARE issue that will have long term effects on people and society as a whole. So, once again, please explain to me why we are becoming irrational over a virus with a 0.02% mortality for most healthy adults and a 0.003% mortality for children?

thx but I’m not looking for a lecture or an argument about stats. Simply stating thE virus is real and has impacted many people I know including my father.

carry on. I do understand your opinion. Happy game day!

Reactions: celticdawg
ADVERTISEMENT