ADVERTISEMENT

NonDawg NBA boycotting games

So detain him before he reaches his car. Step 1 isn’t to shoot. Cop was a dumbass who couldn’t perform his job and skipped to the last resort before doing anything else.

Resisting arrest doesn’t warrant an execution. Ever. Ever.
We must be watching different videos. They tried detaining him. He fought them. Tried tasing him. Didnt work. They didnt skip any steps.

Changing a flag, a extraordinarily simple single task, has nothing to do with policing, their complex policies and work environment, nor is it the same as discussing how 700,000 police officers individually police.

that was one small and very recent example

it does take a lot of time and political support to reform something as large and complex as the police. The NBA players are using their platforms and potentially sacrificing their careers to change something they care about. Not a bad way to make a statement in a peaceful but powerful way.

Resisting arrest isn’t a death sentence. End of story. 7 shots is insane. Cop just isn’t cut out for his job and can’t deescalate a situation properly.
You're so right. Cop should have waited to see what he was grabbing out of the car. That's what you would want your child to do, right? Cops don't get the chance to be wrong more than once. Your statement is ignorant.

Nope. But I get that that's taught in Democrat 101 class. Lesson one is to call everyone who disagrees with you a racist! I don't play that game.

the confederate battle flag has been a symbol of racism for a long time

some people do use it in a non-racist way, but its addition to the state flags in the South was very clearly driven by racism during the Jim Crow era

that was one small and very recent example

it does take a lot of time and political support to reform something as large and complex as the police. The NBA players are using their platforms and potentially sacrificing their careers to change something they care about. Not a bad way to make a statement in a peaceful but powerful way.
They don’t know what they are doing. They’re throwing all their weight behind BLM and the hard left that want to defund departments versus going after real material change, and 4/5 Americans are not on board with that. It’s truly a leaderless effort to this point.

They don’t know what they are doing. They’re throwing all their weight behind BLM and the hard left that want to defund departments versus going after real material change, and 4/5 Americans are not on board with that. It’s truly a leaderless effort to this point.

Checking recent polls, a majority of Americans believe the police don't use proper force in each situation, don't treat minorities equally and support police reform. It's actually closer to 4/5 in the opposite direction.

There are many reforms that have widespread support, such as focusing training on better de-escalation tactics or hiring more black officers and replacing certain police duties. Just a few years ago police officers didn't even wear body cams, yet we've already made that change, which has been great for both sides.

"Defunding the police" has lower political support, but that's not what the majority of people want with reform. What they want are fewer incidents and more accountability when officers make mistakes, which they do make.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...upport-more-training-transparency/3259628001/

https://www.pewresearch.org/politic...-power-to-sue-police-officers-for-misconduct/

Reactions: DAWG1980
Checking recent polls, a majority of Americans believe the police don't use proper force in each situation, don't treat minorities equally and support police reform. It's actually closer to 4/5 in the opposite direction.

There are many reforms that have widespread support, such as focusing training on better de-escalation tactics or hiring more black officers and replacing certain police duties. Just a few years ago police officers didn't even wear body cams, yet we've already made that change, which has been great for both sides.

"Defunding the police" has lower political support, but that's not what the majority of people want with reform. What they want are fewer incidents and more accountability when officers make mistakes, which they do make.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...upport-more-training-transparency/3259628001/

https://www.pewresearch.org/politic...-power-to-sue-police-officers-for-misconduct/

LMAO polls? Polls are no measure of anything anymore. They are used to shape opinion and push a leftists agenda

So detain him before he reaches his car. Step 1 isn’t to shoot. Cop was a dumbass who couldn’t perform his job and skipped to the last resort before doing anything else.

Resisting arrest doesn’t warrant an execution. Ever. Ever.

You do realize the guy had already fought the two male cops on the ground, brandished a knife (allegedly), and had been tazed by a female officer?

There's a shit ton of context prior to that video.

After Doc Rivers last night... I was surprised anybody played... the black panthers were started over a single issue; police brutality... 60 years later... can’t blame them for being fed up
Yes you can. More whites dies at hands of police than blacks. When you break law and then resist arrest, you are likely to get shot.

Most of u on here are just absolute morons, or just blind... and u know who I bet agrees with me, Kirby Smart, this staff, and the players!!! I’m with these players and the hurt they feel.. so y’all can go eat a dick

Yes, which is why there have been *attempted* policy change even this year with police. My point is your not going to achieve anything when a sizeable portion of a movement you’re piggybacking off of wants to defund the police. Pretty much everyone dislikes that idea.

Also, officers of the same race are statistically shown to be more aggressive towards their own race FYI so one of your points is not valid.

Reactions: benchwarmerdawg
Also, officers of the same race are statistically shown to be more aggressive towards their own race FYI so one of your points is not valid.

can you please provide the source for that? Would be very interesting to read

No. I'm implying I'm glad they ended racism once and for all

I am confused by your desire to downplay the importance of small positive change

I'm reasonably certain it's because you disagree with Mississippi's decision to change the flag altogether (please correct me if I'm wrong here), but I am also interested to hear more detail on your opinion as you clearly have more you want to say

Reactions: celticdawg
You're the ignorant one if you believe in polls. I guess you learned nothing back in 2016....

There's been a lot of literature about the mistakes of polling in the 2016 election, but none of it indicates that polls are inherently bad. Polling flaws were magnified by the electoral college where small changes in a few swing states can quickly change the math in a candidate's favor.

You are quite literally preaching ignorance in this case

I understand it's because the polls I cited clearly favor a position you disagree with, so I'm happy to agree that you are wrong

Are there more or fewer incidents now than, say, 10 years ago?

Should this be viewed as a local or national issue? What if the numbers in Wisconsin are going in the wrong direction but the numbers in Arizona are going in a very different direction? Should we direct animus at AZ or nationalize the issue if the culture and training differ in the thousands of different jurisdictions across this vast country?

Are we setting an impossible standard? What is an acceptable number of bad acts or are we looking for zero? Is zero achievable given imperfect human behavior and the raw number of dangerous interactions that require split second decisions made under stress?

Paint me your picture of what achievable success looks like and tell me how far we are from that using data, not a few anecdotes. And whatever you do, don’t use disparities in a numerator without also referencing the denominator.

That report doesn't say what you assert, it says that the volume of same race police shootings (white officer shooting white civilian, black shooting black, etc.) because those populations generally overlap. It definitely does say that did not find evidence of significant racial disparities in fatal shootings that would support the thesis of racial bias, but it also indicates that limited data makes any conclusion difficult to come by.

Most of u on here are just absolute morons, or just blind... and u know who I bet agrees with me, Kirby Smart, this staff, and the players!!! I’m with these players and the hurt they feel.. so y’all can go eat a dick
Nope tired of false narratives. 9 unarmed blacks died last year at the hands of the police. Roughly 50 poc have died in these riots. You do the math on what kills more black lives. Don’t get me started on black on black crime. These are facts not a media agenda.

Are there more or fewer incidents now than, say, 10 years ago?

Should this be viewed as a local or national issue? What if the numbers in Wisconsin are going in the wrong direction but the numbers in Arizona are going in a very different direction? Should we direct animus at AZ or nationalize the issue if the culture and training differ in the thousands of different jurisdictions across this vast country?

Are we setting an impossible standard? What is an acceptable number of bad acts or are we looking for zero? Is zero achievable given imperfect human behavior and the raw number of dangerous interactions that require split second decisions made under stress?

Paint me your picture of what achievable success looks like and tell me how far we are from that using data, not a few anecdotes. And whatever you do, don’t use disparities in a numerator without also referencing the denominator.

I believe police reform is primarily a local issue that requires a local solution. It's not a one-size-fits-all thing here, but one that necessitates local community input and a tailored solution.

If numbers are going the wrong way in one area relative to another, I don't think that means we nationalize the issue. I'm a pretty big advocate of this being a local issue with some federal oversight for extreme issues, such as if a department demonstrates widespread corruption. There are plenty of ways to improve training and culture across the board and solutions that can be incorporated, but again I'm not in favor of nationalizing this at all.

Zero is always the ideal for the number of problems, but I wouldn't say that's the practical goal. The goal is to reduce the number of issues and to create a system with more accountability in the event something goes wrong.

Reactions: A Tale of Two Dawgs
There's been a lot of literature about the mistakes of polling in the 2016 election, but none of it indicates that polls are inherently bad. Polling flaws were magnified by the electoral college where small changes in a few swing states can quickly change the math in a candidate's favor.

You are quite literally preaching ignorance in this case

I understand it's because the polls I cited clearly favor a position you disagree with, so I'm happy to agree that you are wrong

your polls ALWAYS poll more Democrats than Republicans.

your polls ALWAYS poll more Democrats than Republicans.

the Pew Research Poll had like 75% to 90% of people surveyed in agreement (you can check the numbers)

The problem with the 2016 election is there were a bunch of states with 51% to 55% of people in support of one candidate that collectively led to a higher percentage of Clinton beating Trump. When small percentages changed due to methodological issues with the polls (driven in part by voter response rates rather than a poll's improper selection) and voter turnout, it created a massive shift in % likelihood of Trump winning.

That's a far different context than the survey I posted

Its not insane. You ever seen a suspect hopped up on PCP? Shots 1-6 could do nothing if hes still going for a weapon. Sorry you dont feel that way.

He was already combative with the cops and had a warrant, he wasnt going down without a fight.
Recent story before all this nonsense started. Police had to shoot an armed suspect coming at them. He was shot 21 times, 17 of which were center body mass before he was stopped. Toxicology showed he was on NO drugs. So you don’t even have to be on PCP. remember this next time your local politician says you don’t need more than 10 rounds in your magazine.

I believe police reform is primarily a local issue that requires a local solution. It's not a one-size-fits-all thing here, but one that necessitates local community input and a tailored solution.

If numbers are going the wrong way in one area relative to another, I don't think that means we nationalize the issue. I'm a pretty big advocate of this being a local issue with some federal oversight for extreme issues, such as if a department demonstrates widespread corruption. There are plenty of ways to improve training and culture across the board and solutions that can be incorporated, but again I'm not in favor of nationalizing this at all.

Zero is always the ideal for the number of problems, but I wouldn't say that's the practical goal. The goal is to reduce the number of issues and to create a system with more accountability in the event something goes wrong.
Any idea what that trajectory looks like?

Also, agree with this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT