ADVERTISEMENT

ND: Anyone Else Riding This Cryptocurrency Wave?

I have 2 bitcoins on an old laptop. Only issue is I have no idea where it is. Talk about something that will keep you up at night.

I bought 100 for <$1 in 2011 and sold them for $13 in 2011. I thought I did pretty well at the time.

Now they're worth. $15,000 a piece. That's $1,498,700 I'm missing out on today...

Last edited:
I have 2 bitcoins on an old laptop. Only issue is I have no idea where it is. Talk about something that will keep you up at night.

4XOfvSkkxchHy.gif

I bought 100 for <$1 in 2011 and sold them for $13 in 2011. I thought I did pretty well at the time.

Now they're worth. $15,000 a piece. That's $1,498,700 I'm missing out on today...

Dumbass!!! Ha! Actually I am still trying to figure out wtf on bitcoin.

The upside of the tech is unlike anything else out there.

They have a big meeting in Paris on the 16th with Microsoft and other companies. Duetsch bank today even had a report today noting how it solves the traditional problem problems with blockchain. Exciting stuff.

I have little idea of what I’m doing, but I started a few months ago and wow, the ROI is through the roof.
“I have little idea of what I’m doing” ... GET OUT NOW - I BEG YOU. You will get hurt. Pigs get fat; hogs get slaughtered.

Reactions: Fed_Dawg

I'm in the same boat. I have a bitcoin wallet somewhere and I don't remember wtf it is... don't remember how much was in it but it's likely several thousand dollars worth by now. Been trying to find it for a month.

If I have 32,000.00 in Bitcoin can I cash it in for 32,000.00 USD today? Or do I just have 32k in Bitcoin to pay internet bills with.

Glad to know you have an idea what you’re doing but got a 2 month roi and have pocketed more than $150k mining so I’ve been freerolling and will stop when it’s warranted

If I have 32,000.00 in Bitcoin can I cash it in for 32,000.00 USD today? Or do I just have 32k in Bitcoin to pay internet bills with.
Put it on one of the exchanges and sell it. They have limits at first so you will probably only be able to sell $10,000 in a week. Also you will be expected to pay capital gains.

If you are resourceful, you can actually find people to meet you and pay cash for a 5-10% discount but with your tax savings, it might be worth it.
Localbitcoins dot com
Paxful dot com

Reactions: Boom MFer Dawg
Bitcoin is a sucker play ... there's NOTHING backing it but a bunch of air ... if you're up RUN don't walk to the nearest exit before you get taken out.

Correct..but if you like to gamble it's the same thing. They just came out with futures on Bitcoin yesterday, and that was really fun today.

I have bitcoin, lite coin, ethereum. All have been great. IOTA has had a great run. Just threw some cash into Ripple. Could be the next big one..who knows. Don't invest more than you want to lose in any of these. It is pure gambling.

1 bitcoin is currently worth like $15000 usd. It was a 1 : 1 value back in 2011. Extremely volatile investment vehicle. People will likely lose big in near future

Reactions: Fed_Dawg and acndog
The upside of the tech is unlike anything else out there.

They have a big meeting in Paris on the 16th with Microsoft and other companies. Duetsch bank today even had a report today noting how it solves the traditional problem problems with blockchain. Exciting stuff.
soon as banks get involved it will be over, governments will drop in regulate it devalue it and kill it.

It’s warranted when the cost to mine is 1/2 what it’s selling for at least for me. Simply cost power so it’s literally as easy as unplugging my miners at this point.

Correct..but if you like to gamble it's the same thing. They just came out with futures on Bitcoin yesterday, and that was really fun today.

I have bitcoin, lite coin, ethereum. All have been great. IOTA has had a great run. Just threw some cash into Ripple. Could be the next big one..who knows. Don't invest more than you want to lose in any of these. It is pure gambling.
As long as folks understand the difference between “investing” and “gambling”, you are right. Caveat Emptor.

Bitcoin is a sucker play ... there's NOTHING backing it but a bunch of air ... if you're up RUN don't walk to the nearest exit before you get taken out.

Its backed by the technology behind it. I do Bitcoin itself is a bubble, but crypto is here to stay.

soon as banks get involved it will be over, governments will drop in regulate it devalue it and kill it.

There is only so much banks and government can do. The weak point is the exchanges - the US could crackdown on Coinbase for example - but at this point there would be major legal battle's due to Fed licensing. You also only need one major country to be cryptofriendly to create an out.

ADVERTISEMENT