ADVERTISEMENT

(ND) Anyone else tired of hearing about the little kid

OP's advise to the kid:

3eb.jpg

with the homemade UT shirt?

It was a crappy shirt and I think the term "bullied" is thrown around a little too loosely nowadays.

If this kid had worn this shirt any pretty much any generation he would have been derided.

the media implied he was a poor, which garnered more sympathy and attention. IMO.

Don’t we have enough bad news in the world OP? Everyone always bitches about how negative the news is and then we actually get a good story and now you’re tired of it? Geez
How does one go about feeling good about oneself if other people are experiencing good things without it being directly beneficial to the person in question?

It was a crappy shirt and I think the term "bullied" is thrown around a little too loosely nowadays.

If this kid had worn this shirt any pretty much any generation he would have been derided.
No...actually not really that tired of it at all. A strong positive situation has come out of a negative and that's never a bad thing when kids are involved. If it bothers you then maybe you need to look in the mirror and ask yourself why...

Actually like seeing/hearing the world be a better place. You know if kids and people in general would stop "bullying" people we'd have a lot less school shootings

I like hearing good stories like this. Gives me hope for this country. Just read a story about a couple African-American young men that play football for their high school football team give new clothes and shoes of their own to a young white boy. The young white boy was being bullied for wearing the same clothes everyday because his mother couldn’t afford to buy him new clothes and shoes. They saw the bullying and took action. That young man was so thankful and said it was the best day ever for him. My screen got all blurry.

posts to likes ratio checks out

Damn, I don't know if I've ever seen a ratio quite so out of kilter. Not that the posts to likes ratio ACTUALLY matters, but if I was that far behind I might question myself a bit. Every 29 posts he finds some fool who likes it.

Loved the story myself. At first. Now it just seems to be retold every time again and again on every media outlet imaginable. And when it started to dwindle, UT offered him a scholarship. It’s sweet. I get that. Great gesture by the university. At some point though you have to realistically know that after the media trucks leave and the spotlight shifts the boy will only be targeted more by the same kids that bullied him before.

Note to self...OP is one SOB I would never buy a beer. But, just ask him, he doesn't need anyone to buy him a beer. He is filthy rich and doesn't need a courtesy by a stranger. Would rather buy his own and "piss" on a kid. Hell with this guy!

Reactions: FineAsDawgHair

Someone tell those jackasses they’re buying Texas shirts

He's now been offered admission to UT and a 4-year scholarship due to his "Volunteer Spirit." The kid is in 4th grade and simply got teased for a homemade Vol t-shirt in the middle of Gator country.

I think it's getting a bit ridiculous. We're gonna turn this kid into the biggest snowflake in history. He'd be FAR better off in life if he actually had to earn admission and scholarship money rather than it being handed to him out of pity, 8 years ahead of time, simply for being teased in school.

The box of UT gear was a nice gesture. What they're doing now with admission and a 4-year scholarship is excessive and counter-productive.

Last edited:
posts to likes ratio checks out
Damn, I don't know if I've ever seen a ratio quite so out of kilter. Not that the posts to likes ratio ACTUALLY matters, but if I was that far behind I might question myself a bit. Every 29 posts he finds some fool who likes it.
OP has been a member since 2001. The "Like a Post" feature didn't start until 2016 when new boards were implemented.

He's now been offered admission to UT and a 4-year scholarship due to his "Volunteer Spirit." The kid is in 4th grade and simply got teased for a homemade Vol t-shirt in the middle of Gator country.

I think it's getting a bit ridiculous. We're gonna turn this kid into the biggest snowflake in history. He'd be FAR better off in life if he actually had to earn admission and scholarship money rather than it being handed to him out of pity, 8 years ahead of time, simply for being teased in school.

The box of UT gear was a nice gesture. What they're doing now with admission and a 4-year scholarship is excessive and counter-productive.

Yep, it was a nice gesture at first and I thought trademarking the design was cool. However, as you said, it's getting ridiculous and I'm not sure girls making fun of young boys is worthy of a scholarship. Heck, you'd have to award about 90% of young boys scholarships if being made fun of was the benchmark.

There’s conditions...whether or not they stick legally will remain to be seen, since he’s a minor. So begs question was this offered to his parents or him? Was offer accepted? And UT gave themselves an out in the language IMO...but doesn’t mean family won’t sue anyway when it comes time. My contracts professor was an ass but I remember everything he said.

Anyone can sue, but can you have case heard and not thrown out or outright win? This will be interesting down the road. Ok I’m happy. Had a good day litigating today. Lol

“In addition, he has been awarded a four-year scholarship covering his tuition and fees beginning fall 2028 should he decide to attend UT and meet admission requirements," the university said Thursday.”

Last edited:
Reactions: JackRussellDawg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT