ADVERTISEMENT

ND - Anyone hearing about a state wide lockdown

How will that differ from now? Make those who are refusing to comply voluntarily comply? PR only. Nothing will be different.

Some of the businesses they are going to will be closed. Other than that, you are correct.

Drove by Home Depot on way to grocery pickup (we order online and schedule) this weekend. The number of cars there was shocking, and the number of people outside perusing the nursery section. As if it were a normal Saturday.

You'd think they wouldn't wait until 5:00 to do something like that so that people could prepare, make plans, take things home etc. But, gov't.

I figured they'd wait until after the market closed so makes since.

Not going to happen as of this morning — 1st hand knowledge. The communities which have shut down are already starting down “an economic catastrophe” without noticeable results.
Isn’t it true that it will take a while to figure out if it is working? If you can be a carrier for 2 weeks without symptoms, wouldn’t it take at least 2 weeks??

Reactions: ARealMunson
Isn’t it true that it will take a while to figure out if it is working? If you can be a carrier for 2 weeks without symptoms, wouldn’t it take at least 2 weeks??
Makes sense to me. Fauci is the only person in the country I trust knows what he is talking about at this point, and that’s what he’s saying.

Reactions: magnolia93ugagrad
being announced at 5pm today by Gov Kemp? Also, Carroll County just announced they are on lockdown until further notice.

Have heard from my son(National Salesman for a Supplier in the Construction industry) that a State of Georgia will be announced at 5:00 today. He got this from higher ups at Coca-Cola, Lowe's, Home Depot and a couple of other large corporations operating in Georgia. This was all independent info, meaning he was contacted and did not ask if this was true, but the information was told to him without prompting.

TIFWIW, but I think we are going to the next step.

We are going to have to go through this, the better we do following the guidelines of the shutdown, the quicker we will be through this.

God Bless and HBTD.

First time I have heard it was today. Good source.

Reactions: Dirty Hairy Dawg
What about places like Tractor Supply. Pets and livestock need food

Yeah. That would fall under the umbrella of "Businesses or manufacturers that supply other essential businesses with the support or supplies necessary to operate;"

Reactions: rwbjdawg
With the continued ignorance and defiance of lots of people in disregarding the CDC guidelines, its only expected to progress to this stage. People just arent cooperating.
It's amazing. If we had a situation were people died immediately if they got within 6 feet of anyone and they knew this (with a month of preparation), we'd have millions dying across the country

I received an email from a publicly traded home builder saying that construction was deemed essential. At this point what is closed? A couple restaurants and some gyms?

Apparently not going to happen. Weak leadership, IMO. He and the President caving to business interests.

I'm not sure if weak or caving are the right words. I think that a statewide shelter in place order should go into effect, but I say that as someone who can just as easily work from my house as I can from my office. I know that not everyone has that luxury and as much as we want to keep people from getting sick we also don't want to come to the other side of this with astronomically high unemployment and having to figure out how to provide necessities for large segments of the country.

There is a balancing act to consider here and Gov. Kemp and other leaders wading through this area going to catch hell regardless of what side they come down on. End of the day they have to go with the option they think is right and we've all just got to hope they pick the right one.

Reactions: Kylo Ren
While I did see a curve indicating 10-12 days incubation period on the whole the period is more like 4-5 days.

Crazy....had several people that went to the store and told me to do the same.

What does that really mean? Can’t leave your house at all? Unprecedented times for sure

Yes. From the sound of it, we will be shot on sight and then hung from a bridge as an example to other people thinking about a midnight run for Cheerios and Debbie cakes.

The cases in Washington are largely limited to Seattle.

NY is definitely ground zero now
Kemp didn’t have the cajones to do the right thing yesterday and Trump will start telling people to go back to work in a week, Lt Governor in Texas said Grandparents are willing to die to save the economy... what leadership we have today!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT