ADVERTISEMENT

ND: Bare Knuckle Boxing makes a comeback in the US

I think people will find out that, while bare knuckle boxing is hell on your opponents face, you're not going to see as many knockouts as you will in gloved boxing, due to a number factors, mainly that its too easy to break your freaking hands on someone's skull....

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...are-knuckle-boxing-official-return/666535002/
Yep and I bet you see less concussions and head trauma. But more broken hands, and cuts. Most will raise hell and claim it is too barbaric, but in reality it is just the opposite. Much like you would see less concussions and the like in football if you took their helmets away from them. No helmets would almost completely end people leading with their heads, jmo.

Last edited:
These guys didn't get the message. 7 out of 10 fights ended in a KO or TKO.

It's a situation where fans aren't going to throw long-term money at a bunch of dancing and hugging so there will be some encouragement to mix it up if fighters get too defensive from the opening bell.

We'll see if this becomes a thing.

Reactions: DawgHammarskjold
I think people will find out that, while bare knuckle boxing is hell on your opponents face, you're not going to see as many knockouts as you will in gloved boxing, due to a number factors, mainly that its too easy to break your freaking hands on someone's skull....

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...are-knuckle-boxing-official-return/666535002/

It’s legal in Great Britain. There’s a Netflix show about it. Fights don’t last long, but most of these guys are doing it on the side and are mostly fat drunks.

You guys are crazy. There will be knockouts everywhere. Those dudes will fight with broken hands. I'm sure the tkos are from broken hands and cuts though.

The science behind punching someone with a boxing glove is that you maximize the area of impact. A fist, assuming its not broken, is relatively small compared to the surface area of a boxing glove. Therefore, a punch from a fist, while it may hurt like a sumbeech, most likely won't knock you out, while a jab from an experienced boxer can really rock your brain to the back of your skull. This bare knuckle boxing has some "back to basics" appeal, but if you want knockouts, regular boxing can provide more.

Reactions: Togwo and ArchDawg
It’s legal in Great Britain. There’s a Netflix show about it. Fights don’t last long, but most of these guys are doing it on the side and are mostly fat drunks.
And that's the problem when people compare bare knuckle boxing to regular boxing, vis a vis knockouts. With regular boxing, you're talking about more skilled fighters, and especially more defensively skilled boxers, than the bare knuckle variety

Reactions: ArchDawg
This whole thread is embarrassing. Look at the pictures from the fights tonight. It’s pit bull fighting, just with semi retarded men instead of dogs.

Last edited:
This whole thread is embarrassing. Look at the pictures from the fights tonight. It’s pit bull fighting, just with semi retarded men instead of dogs.
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT