ADVERTISEMENT

ND - Mount Rushmore of Comedies

BurntOrangeDawg

Kanye Twitty
Gold Member
Aug 27, 2001
The Front Range Pero A Veces DFW
I keep seeing these Mount Rushmore lists of various subjects. Ahead of a big recruiting weekend and with the season still too many damn weeks away let's have some fun on a Wed. Name which ones are the 4 best IYO.

Mine:

Blazing Saddles
Airplane
The Jerk
Caddyshack

Was really hard as Coming to America, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Raising Arizona, Animal House, Office Space, The Big Lebowski, Christmas Vacation, Tommy Boy, Major League, and Dumb & Dumber are all worthy.

Next Tier:

Friday, Vacation, Old School, Trading Places, Tropic Thunder, Hangover I and Anchorman.

And I'm not putting Smokey and the Bandit on a comedy list. It's an action flick:)

Clearly the sweet spot was ~ 1970 - 1990. Then again, I'm getting older.

What say y'all?

Reactions: rectomo and doug518
I am a Big fan of all Austin Powers movies, my whole family quotes them all the time. I guess I like them because I was a fan of Peter Sellers and the Pink Panther Movies.
Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein and Stripes. Really old, No Time for Sergants

Reactions: BurntOrangeDawg
I am a Big fan of all Austin Powers movies, my whole family quotes them all the time. I guess I like them because I was a fan of Peter Sellers and the Pink Panther Movies.
Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein and Stripes. Really old, No Time for Sergants

Stripes. Forgot about that one. Very good.

It's in my top 4. First one that came to mind.

e45c845f99a2bd9338e21bb0d4549d007d0af10522e281e7afc134dff231818f.jpg

I keep seeing these Mount Rushmore lists of various subjects. Ahead of a big recruiting weekend and with the season still too many damn weeks away let's have some fun on a Wed. Name which ones are the 4 best IYO.

Mine:

Blazing Saddles
Airplane
The Jerk
Caddyshack

Was really hard as Coming to America, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Raising Arizona, Animal House, Office Space, The Big Lebowski, Christmas Vacation, Tommy Boy, Major League, and Dumb & Dumber are all worthy.

Next Tier:

Friday, Vacation, Old School, Trading Places, Tropic Thunder, Hangover I and Anchorman.

And I'm not putting Smokey and the Bandit on a comedy list. It's an action flick:)

What say y'all?
Lebowski, Office Space, Friday, Old School, and Step Brothers. In that order.

I'll base it around the ones me and the core group of friends have quoted most over the years...

Super Troopers
Anchorman
Old School
Wedding Crashers

Honorable mention to Animal House, Office Space and Talladega Nights. My favorite line in any movie ever though goes to Christmas Vacation.

I'll base it around the ones me and the core group of friends have quoted most over the years...

Super Troopers
Anchorman
Old School
Wedding Crashers

Honorable mention to Animal House, Office Space and Talladega Nights. My favorite line in any movie ever though goes to Christmas Vacation.

I abuse that line.

Reactions: DawgHammarskjold
A few not mentioned yet:

Animal House
Ghostbusters
Fletch
Tommy Boy
Happy Gilmore

Last edited:
Reactions: Rowdydawg
No Mount Rushmore is complete without films from Mel Brooks (Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles, The Producers, etc.) or Blake Edwards (all Pink Panther/Peter Sellers movies, 10, Victor/Victoria, etc.)

I think all the Shrek movies are at the top as well.

Reactions: C'villeDawg
I am older than most on here but let me add one..... Monty Python - In Search of the Holy Grail is nuts (esp. if you are buzzed) ....

Mine:

Blazing Saddles
Airplane
The Jerk
Caddyshack

Next Tier:

What say y'all?
You hit most of them. Fletch has to be in one of the tiers. Dodgeball was hilarious. In my Mount Rushmore is coming to America. I may be in the minority but that is a terrific comedy.

The barber shop scenes in coming to America are comedic gold

Most underrated comedy of all time is "the other guys". The Prius scene, Christineth scene and bribe scenes are hysterical.

Last edited:
You hit most of them. Fletch has to be in one of the tiers. Dodgeball was hilarious. In my Mount Rushmore is coming to America. I may be in the minority but that is a terrific comedy

I have it in my almost. Love Coming to America and Trading Spaces. Fletch is good just never loved it as much as others. Certainly funny as hell.

Stir Crazy is another one I forgot. This scene is one of my all-time favorites.

Super Troopers
Anchorman
Old School
Wedding Crashers

I don't know if I should say "we lost a lot of good men over there, I don't want to talk about it", or "where can I buy some damn bait?"

Mine:

Blazing Saddles
Airplane
The Jerk
Caddyshack

Next Tier:

What say y'all?

Borat is Top 4.

39936c4b247902cd19de733f17f578a4--borat-meme-book-jacket.jpg

Reactions: Bulldawg1971

Mine:

Blazing Saddles
Airplane
The Jerk
Caddyshack

Next Tier:

What say y'all?
I put Three Amigos in Tier two as well

Animal House - "Zero - point - zero"
Caddyshack - "Gambling is not allowed at Bushwood"
The Hangover - "To a night we'll never forget"
Sixteen Candles - "Ottto mobeeel?"

Mine:

Blazing Saddles
Airplane
The Jerk
Caddyshack

Next Tier:

What say y'all?
Arthur
Vacation
Wedding Crashers
21 Jump Street

SPINAL Tap!

Another one few people have seen is "Fear of a Black Hat" basically spinal tap plot with a spoof of NWA

Reactions: doug518
SPINAL Tap!

Another one few people have seen is "Fear of a Black Hat" basically spinal tap plot with a spoof of NWA

Of all of the famous comedies / funny documentaries...Spinal Tap is the only one I have yet to see. IDK why.

Its a tier 1 hall of fame comedy, you are depriving yourself. Lots of dry humor and sarcasm. What's funny is many rock bands have said the movie is more realistic than you would think.

Mine:

Blazing Saddles
Airplane
The Jerk
Caddyshack

Next Tier:

What say y'all?

Mine:

Which Way is Up
A Fish Called Wanda
Young Frankenstein
Planes, Trains & Automobiles

Next uup:

It's a Mad Mad World, Animal House, Stir Crazy, Oh Brother Where Art Thou, Used Cars, Caddy Shack, Ground Hog Day, There's Something About Mary, Meet the Parents, Airplane

Reactions: Tom Dawg
Animal House - "Zero - point - zero"
Caddyshack - "Gambling is not allowed at Bushwood"
The Hangover - "To a night we'll never forget"
Sixteen Candles - "Ottto mobeeel?"

"I've sent younger men than you to the gas chamber. I didn't want to, but I felt I owed it to them"

ADVERTISEMENT