ADVERTISEMENT

ND Need help with possibly buying a drone

rowland

National Champion
Gold Member
Jun 25, 2001
I guess to start off with I’ll set the parameters. First I’m a tad older (67, tad? yeah, right!) which takes me out of the gaming generation and their dexterity. I’ll be using it mostly for fun but also looking at investment property and wild game scouting. I’d think that auto pilot would be needed for me as I’m sure I’d lose the stupid thing first off. I’d need pretty good video and stills. About a 30 minute run time and of course ease of operation is a must, see above. Budget, well as little as possible, but I need to keep it at 1k or less, hopefully less! I need some suggestions on where to start the process. Thank you in advance for your help and ideas.

Reactions: blackpug6
I guess to start off with I’ll set the parameters. First I’m a tad older (67, tad? yeah, right!) which takes me out of the gaming generation and their dexterity. I’ll be using it mostly for fun but also looking at investment property and wild game scouting. I’d think that auto pilot would be needed for me as I’m sure I’d lose the stupid thing first off. I’d need pretty good video and stills. About a 30 minute run time and of course ease of operation is a must, see above. Budget, well as little as possible, but I need to keep it at 1k or less, hopefully less! I need some suggestions on where to start the process. Thank you in advance for your help and ideas.
Get this one.
jCrqJRh.gif

DJI mini 2, I’m 68 and fly it around the farm. As long as you use it to scout locations before the season, you shouldn’t run afoul of any laws. It is great for real estate. Get the extended flight fly more package and warranty for one year.

DJI mini 2, I’m 68 and fly it around the farm. As long as you use it to scout locations before the season, you shouldn’t run afoul of any laws. It is great for real estate. Get the extended flight fly more package and warranty for one year.
Thank you!! Any suggestions on getting started or should I just dive in?

Thank you!! Any suggestions on getting started or should I just dive in?
It flies by way of your smart phone. Start with that. Install the app, fit the phone on the controller, connect the wire. I would also start climbing up to 6’ and follow it around until you get the hang of it, then 20’ etc. different modes of flight fly at different speeds. Start with the slowest

It doesn’t have obstacle avoidance so fly above the tallest trees and power lines when exploring. The range for the mini 2 is great, but you’re not supposed to fly when you can’t see it, which is funny because I can’t see it when it’s straight overhead. You’ll see what I mean. Set the Return to Home, and fly. I believe you can buy them at Best Buy, you don’t need to buy them on the web. Same price

It flies by way of your smart phone. Start with that. Install the app, fit the phone on the controller, connect the wire. I would also start climbing up to 6’ and follow it around until you get the hang of it, then 20’ etc. different modes of flight fly at different speeds. Start with the slowest

It doesn’t have obstacle avoidance so fly above the tallest trees and power lines when exploring. The range for the mini 2 is great, but you’re not supposed to fly when you can’t see it, which is funny because I can’t see it when it’s straight overhead. You’ll see what I mean. Set the Return to Home, and fly. I believe you can buy them at Best Buy, you don’t need to buy them on the web. Same price

Agee,
bought Phantom 4 however many years ago at Best Buy.
they are probably better now,
but be Aware Of Range and anything that might Interfere with the (semi) direct signal.
easy to maneuver.
being me, I wrecked mine 2-3 times.
blades can be readily acquired.
put an if found please return sticker; it worked.

mucho cool.

not going to bore with the drone redneck neighbor story.
I must be tired.

Reactions: SLC_Dawg
The new mini uses a proprietary network (?) instead of WiFi, gives it tremendous range.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT