ADVERTISEMENT

ND-New Morgan Wallen ALBUM

Never understand why some people get all riled up about certain music and artists. If you don’t like it don’t listen. I guess I’m not musically gifted enough, or enough of a music snob to care that much. Just started listening to this latest album and kind of like it so far.

My 13 year old daughter is obsessed with it and love of music is about the only thing we have to talk about that doesn’t start a fight. I see the songs as the next logical step in country’s pop-marketing. There a extremely well written songs on the album, even though I cringe at some of MW’s cursive phrasing. And he falls back on all the cliches. But there’s a reason they are cliche.

I like how polarizing the album is. It’s fun to argue about music because it’s so emotionally rooted. Like identity politics but with tunes.

If only there were a sport where fans were so massively invested.

Reactions: AgrayDAWG
Never understand why some people get all riled up about certain music and artists. If you don’t like it don’t listen. I guess I’m not musically gifted enough, or enough of a music snob to care that much. Just started listening to this latest album and kind of like it so far.
Should we start another thread about street racing or Jalen Carter, Bobo, or the AJC?

Satire my man. I’m not a fan but figured I’d throw out a fresh topic.

Reactions: WBDawg13
I guess I have terrible taste in music. I like it a lot. He’s pulls for utay, but I don’t care.

I didn't make it through every song. I'll give you that. But I suffered through at least 90 seconds of all of them. I had to see what the hype was about.

Every single Morgan Wallen song is the same arrangement:
Slow acoustic intro or jump straight into it
First verse is where 95% of the thought goes into the song
Chorus
2nd verse that's 50% of the first one

Breakdown with either the first verse reworded or drawn out or the chorus 5x'd sang a different way with maybe an adlib.

Rinse and repeat
Did MW take your wife or daughter from you? LOL........wow......imagine if every poster got on here and cried about whatever new album they didnt like.

• Haha
Reactions: ugaboz
It's fantastic. People that get their rocks off on telling other people what kind of music sucks tickles me. Enjoy what you like. Anybody can listen to anything they want these days free of charge.

Reactions: ugaboz
I love when people have an opinion on music and if someone disagrees they’re just wrong. 😂

Stequavious: Is the vent currently "Stetson Bennetting" you the way they "Morgan Wallened" me back in 2021?

Morgan Wallen: I hate to tell you, Stet, but The Vent can only quit one thing at time.

• Haha
Reactions: AgrayDAWG
I'll say first that I am a traditionalist when it comes to country music. I prefer artists that stick to the roots of what makes country music what it is. A good lyric, with a good story that is believable using traditional country sounding instruments.

I'm a big fan of Waylon, Merle, Whitley, Cash, Brooks and Dunn, George Strait, Jamey Johnson, you get the point. I'm also a big fan of pretty much every genre of music.
My playlists range from Hank Sr to Metallica.
What we are seeing with artists these days is a melting pot of influences. So we aren't going to have the next Waylon, or George Strait, but artists that were influenced by them and other infuences that have created their own sound. It's not necessarily country in some cases, but, neither were many other artists from 30-40 years ago when they were introduced to the world.

This has been happening in music since its creation and it will continue. I'm mostly ashamed of what is on the radio these days, but there is alot of good music out there, you just have to find it.

Also, as someone who plays music in Nashville I have to keep up with and be able to play what people want to hear to put $$ in the tip jar. Morgan Wallen, Eric Church, Stapleton and Luke Combs are the in artists that people request so I need 4-5 songs on standby at least to play upon request. (No I ain' t playing Luke Bryan....well maybe for a $100 bill)

I like several of MW's songs and after listening to the album quite a bit since its release, it's a love/hate situation for me. 36 songs, MW has co-writing credits on 13 or 14 of them. He's also got some songwriting monsters writing songs for or with him. (Hardy, Ernest, Miranda Lambert, Josh Thompson, Nicole Galyon, John Pierce, Ashley Gorley, Greg Allman, Jessi Alexander, Hillary Lindsey, Rodney Clawson and others) Look up some of these names and you'll get a better idea of the firepower in his corner.....and getting richer off this album.

anyway...

Really like,:
"Everything I Love" (co-written by Ernest and Greg Allman) Probably the most country song on the album.
"Man Made a Bar" (Larry Fleet was one of the co-writers on this one, big fan of his)
"Devil Don't know"
"I deserve a drink" (this song is fire) Hillary Lindsey and Devin Dawson, look up their songwriting credits, impressive.
"Thought you should Know" (Miranda Lambert was one of the co-writers on this one)
"Cowgirls"
"Dying Man"

These are growing on me:
"Born with a beer in my hand" (Hardy was a co-writer on this one, too)
"Me to me"
"I Wrote the Book" (Hardy was a co-writer on this one)_
"Tennessee Numbers"
"Whiskey Friends"
"Keith Whitley"
"Money on Me"

The rest i either hate pretty much or can definitely do without. If you got this far....cool. If not, that's cool, too.

A lot do. Spring practice just started after a back-to-back. This is absolute Vent-fodder, regardless of which 'side' you're on ;)
naw we have seen tons of country music threads lol
especially new age country and how bad some say it is

Reactions: Moosefish
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT