ADVERTISEMENT

ND:No more Football crowd gets a new martyr ...

This moron is now being praised as some sort of Hero. Iv'e never heard of him until now. Maybe its why he did it. For the ink

http://thebiglead.com/2017/08/30/ed...otball-analyst-citing-player-safety-concerns/
I wasn't a big Cunningham fan, but I think it takes guts to do what he did. Dude walked away from a legit awesome job that paid well out of a principle he feels. Saying he did this for the ink is strange to me, especially when you read the source article. He's had teammates kill themselves and this clearly matters to him.

Reactions: UncleTonyPerkis
This moron is now being praised as some sort of Hero. Iv'e never heard of him until now. Maybe its why he did it. For the ink

http://thebiglead.com/2017/08/30/ed...otball-analyst-citing-player-safety-concerns/
You've never heard of Cunningham? He called a few UGA games during his tenure at ESPN. He was awful, could not stand if his broadcasting partner had a differing point of view. Also, when he would make a point / claim / observation on air, he would always go over the top attempting to prove himself. Even if replay proved him wrong.

I wasn't a big Cunningham fan, but I think it takes guts to do what he did. Dude walked away from a legit awesome job that paid well out of a principle he feels. Saying he did this for the ink is strange to me, especially when you read the source article. He's had teammates kill themselves and this clearly matters to him.

Maybe, but he's basing it on junk science, and the fact that people chose to play the game. This is bigger than just being concerned about players. Its a movement agenda to put an end to the game.

Reactions: ajk9 and foxdawg32
You've never heard of Cunningham? He called a few UGA games during his tenure at ESPN. He was awful, could not stand if his broadcasting partner had a differing point of view. Also, when he would make a point / claim / observation on air, he would always go over the top attempting to prove himself. Even if replay proved him wrong.

Damn I wish I'd have paid more attention. No I didn't know who he was....Niether did the NYT's I'd guess until he made this public move. Now he's their hero

Reactions: Gusta Dawg
Maybe, but he's basing it on junk science, and the fact that people chose to play the game. This is bigger than just being concerned about players. Its a movement agenda to put an end to the game.
Junk science? You think football players coming out and leaving the game and saying it's dangerous is a movement agenda to end the game? I don't follow that logic.

Damn I wish I'd have paid more attention. No I didn't know who he was....Niether did the NYT's I'd guess until he made this public move. Now he's their hero
It's a compelling read and compelling piece and the NYT doesn't care about this dude after today unless he goes on to do something about it. Again, I don't think you actually read the article.

It's a compelling read and compelling piece and the NYT doesn't care about this dude after today unless he goes on to do something about it. Again, I don't think you actually read the article.

No I read it. My guess is he has something in the works. He didn't just walk away.

Reactions: Gusta Dawg

NYT's. Sigh.

Concussions? Is it a problem? Sure. Has football been trying to address it both in rule, practice time and type as well as helmet innovation? Yes. Football gives many an opportunity they would never otherwise dream of and the rest of us get to enjoy it.

There are many dangerous occupations out there. Police, Military and Fireman come to mind. Other sports as well, Rodeo, Rugby, even soccer that can have lifelong injury effects. But it is a voluntary participation. There should be reasonable safeguards and introspection. I think that they are always looking as this safety issue.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/adventure/sports/news/a27977/football-helmets-high-tech-new/

Reactions: Rolodawg2011
Looks like Cunningham is a crusader. Screw him, he sucked as game analyst. Newsflash bud........ NOBODY in this life is making ANYONE play the game of football. Yes, injuries happen but you know should know that going in. There are more than 1 million high school football players, 6.5 percent of those players make NCAA programs and 1.6 percent of the NCAA pool reaches the NFL. At the pro level, players are "lucky" to get three years out of their skill and health. The 1.6 % that make it to the NFL know that dang well that injuries can affect them later in life, especially concussions. Suing the NFL after receiving these injuries in a job you were paid well to do is pretty much BS. If you are worried about getting hurt, don't play the game.

Looks like Cunningham is a crusader. Screw him, he sucked as game analyst. Newsflash bud........ NOBODY in this life is making ANYONE play the game of football. Yes, injuries happen but you know should know that going in. There are more than 1 million high school football players, 6.5 percent of those players make NCAA programs and 1.6 percent of the NCAA pool reaches the NFL. At the pro level, players are "lucky" to get three years out of their skill and health. The 1.6 % that make it to the NFL know that dang well that injuries can affect them later in life, especially concussions. Suing the NFL after receiving these injuries in a job you were paid well to do is pretty much BS. If you are worried about getting hurt, don't play the game.

You're dead on but the Progressives will tell you what's better for you and society in general. They're such a caring group

The science isn't junk. You prob just don't understand it

No I understand. But I know you're a young guy with a good head on his shoulders. Give it time. With time comes wisdom. Agenda's aren't science. This stuff can't be diagnosed until the patient is dead. Its much like the climate change "science" all the predictions are out far enough that we're all dead so no one will remember what they were

I'd imagine he'd employ some of the same scientists the tobacco industry did back in the day.
Better date if you get "climate" "scientist" They get to make it up from whole cloth. That's who I'm going for. The made a fat buffoon rich

No I understand. But I know you're a young guy with a good head on his shoulders. Give it time. With time comes wisdom. Agenda's aren't science. This stuff can't be diagnosed until the patient is dead. Its much like the climate change "science" all the predictions are out far enough that we're all dead so no one will remember what they were
I'm not gonna go back in forth on this with you. I am a scientist and you flat out sound stupid. Keep pushing this false agenda though. I'm not saying get rid of football but head injuries are scary and need to be researched. If you understand the science behind it, why don't you enlighten us all?

wat

Reactions: AlchemyDawg186
Yea, look it up. You have to examine the brain. Kinda tough to do that with a live patient

How is CTE diagnosed?
At this time CTE can only be diagnosed after death by postmortem neuropathological analysis. Right now there is no known way to use MRI, CT, or other brain imaging methods to diagnose CTE. The CTE Center is actively conducting research aimed at learning how to diagnose CTE during life. Find out more about our research here.

Lots of fat, dumb, rich guys in America. Got one running the country currently.

Please, no political posts. This is a highly intellectual discussion. If you've stumbled in by mistake please hit the back button and find a thread more to your intellectual capacity . I'd suggest the Miley Cyrus thread in Dawgchat

I'm not gonna go back in forth on this with you. I am a scientist and you flat out sound stupid. Keep pushing this false agenda though. I'm not saying get rid of football but head injuries are scary and need to be researched. If you understand the science behind it, why don't you enlighten us all?

You're a scientist? Okay then don't share your opinions with your colleges. Cause you'll sound stupid

How is CTE diagnosed?
At this time CTE can only be diagnosed after death by postmortem neuropathological analysis. Right now there is no known way to use MRI, CT, or other brain imaging methods to diagnose CTE. The CTE Center is actively conducting research aimed at learning how to diagnose CTE during life. Find out more about our research here.

You're a scientist? Okay then don't share your opinions with your colleges. Cause you'll sound stupid

How is CTE diagnosed?
My opinion with my colleges? Not sure what you mean there but if you mean colleagues then you're right, I won't share them because they're my IP. I actually have 2 international patents for the treatment and early diagnosis of concussive and penetrating TBIs. You're fighting a losing battle here but this is my last response on this matter because it's obvious you can't be swayed and don't know what you're saying. Just regurgitating facts you see that fit your narrative

Yea, look it up. You have to examine the brain. Kinda tough to do that with a live patient

How is CTE diagnosed?
Rolo I'm gonna make you a legitimate offer: PM me and I'll try to set up a meeting with a former NFL All-Pro you can talk to. This person has lost two former teammates to suicide.... both of whom tested positive for CTE. A third HOF'er is in a nursing home. I want you to come take to him... maybe go visit the patient in the nursing home if he'll allow it. I'm certain they'd like to hear how caring and interested the League was in player's "safety" when it condoned leading with the head and using helmets that offered inadequate protection. Or that doctors ignored the obvious symptoms of lingering concussion injuries and cleared them to play. I'm certain he'd love to hear your fantasy opinion on the "junk science" behind the CTE studies. Maybe you could call one of the widows whose husbands took their lives and you talk to them? One was the first to sue the NFL... and win. I like allot of your posts, Rollo. But saying what you repeatedly do about CTE is just plain ignorant of the facts and here's your opportunity to hear it straight from a horse's mouth who's already donating his brain. Do you have the ballz?

Last edited:
Please, no political posts. This is a highly intellectual discussion. If you've stumbled in by mistake please hit the back button and find a thread more to your intellectual capacity . I'd suggest the Miley Cyrus thread in Dawgchat

No, Dawgchat is definitely more your domain and style.

My opinion with my colleges? Not sure what you mean there but if you mean colleagues then you're right, I won't share them because they're my IP. I actually have 2 international patents for the treatment and early diagnosis of concussive and penetrating TBIs. You're fighting a losing battle here but this is my last response on this matter because it's obvious you can't be swayed and don't know what you're saying. Just regurgitating facts you see that fit your narrative

Not really, concussion is not the same thing here. And well, until there's more actual science and studies its really an educated guess. I know you're in production like everyone else. But you don't really know until the patient is dead. Right?

Stupid statement. I know a couple of former NFL guys you can tell to their faces how dumb they were.

So these friends of yours didn't think constantly banging into other giants wouldn't have some kind of negative effect on your body down the road? Are you also friends with people who smoked cigarettes back in the day and were surprised they got cancer because there were no warning signs on the side of the box?

Reactions: Rolodawg2011
Rolo I'm gonna make you a legitimate offer: PM me and I'll try to set up a meeting with a former NFL All-Pro you can talk to. This person has lost two former teammates to suicide.... both of whom tested positive for CTE. A third HOF'er is in a nursing home. I wan you to come take to him... maybe go visit the patient in the nursing home if he'll allow it. I'm certain he'd like to hear how caring and interested the League was in player's "safety" when it condoned leading with the head and using helmets that were no adequate protection. Or that doctors ignored the obvious symptoms of lingering concussion injuries and cleared them to play. I'm Certain he love to hear your fantasy opinion on the "junk science" behind the CTE studies. I like allot of your posts. But saying what you do about CTE is just plain ignorant and here's your opportunity to hear it straight form a horse's mouth.

How did they test positive? You don't know until death? I'm sorry for them. But there's a lot of factors. As we age the older we get the more our brains deteriorate, and professional athletes live longer because they're in better shape.
I'm naturally skeptical. It started with the Tobacco company scientist then the climate hoax scientist. To many agenda's today . So I read all I can to get a clear picture. And all we really know right now is they don't know until death

Explain

How is CTE diagnosed?

And

How do you get CTE? Can I get CTE from one concussion/hit to the head?
We believe CTE is caused by repetitive brain trauma. This trauma includes both concussions that cause symptoms and subconcussive hits to the head that cause no symptoms. At this time the number or type of hits to the head needed to trigger degenerative changes of the brain is unknown. In addition, it is likely that other factors, such as genetics, may play a role in the development of CTE, as not everyone with a history of repeated brain trauma develops this disease. However, these other factors are not yet understood.

giphy.gif

How did they test positive? You don't know until death? I'm sorry for them. But there's a lot of factors. As we age the older we get the more our brains deteriorate, and professional athletes live longer because they're in better shape.
I'm naturally skeptical. It started with the Tobacco company scientist then the climate hoax scientist. To many agenda's today . So I read all I can to get a clear picture. And all we really know right now is they don't know until death
Just PM me if you've got the cajones and want to hear the truth. The player and his wife will explain it to you with compassion. If you don't then STFU because you're only making yourself look stupid. The ball is in your court so just PM me and I'll do the rest.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT