ADVERTISEMENT

ND: Positive CDC Announcement

I am not exactly a snowflake but a friend just lost his father and brother to COV-19 and my first cousin is on a heart machine.. This is real, it's not a weak flu. Did society overreact,, Not sure.. In many places a 3 percent death rate is common.. So if 100,000 get the virus, 3,000 DIE. Do you want to be one of those 3,000? People should live their life but be responsible and take care of yourself. There is not doubt the snowflakes should stop trying to use the virus as a political tool. This shute is real though.

I am not exactly a snowflake but a friend just lost his father and brother to COV-19 and my first cousin is on a heart machine.. This is real, it's not a weak flu. Did society overreact,, Not sure.. In many places a 3 percent death rate is common.. So if 100,000 get the virus, 3,000 DIE. Do you want to be one of those 3,000? People should live their life but be responsible and take care of yourself. There is not doubt the snowflakes should stop trying to use the virus as a political tool. This shute is real though.
Re check your math 10,000 and 3,000 dying would be 30%

Reactions: stray
So I have high blood pressure. If I get Covid and die, it doesn't really count. It's my fault. You don't need to wear a mask because if I die it's not your fault.
I just wanted to share a positive outlook on it. The virus on its own doesn’t seem to be as scary or deadly as initially thought.

Two things can be true. I am not saying either is, but I hate the prison of two ideas. Let's use the hypothetical:

This virus is as deadly as a bad flu.
This virus spreads 10x more aggressively than a flu.

So if say only 1 percent will die from catching it. 99% survival rate. Sounds great. But if it spreads over a large population, that one percent racks up the deaths. Even at one tenth of one percent, if you spread that out over millions, it adds up.

My point is that vast, vast majority of us will survive this thing. BUT we are all likely to get it as it spreads like a monster. Let's not keep everything closed and freak out over every report of cases. AND let's not dismiss this out of hand and not try to impede the spread as much as possible.

The flu is not weak. This COVID is almost as deadly as seasonal flu.
Flu kills FAR more people without co-morbidities each season than COVID has.

The flu kills tens of thousands with co-morbidities each season, but we dont call them "Flu Deaths". If somebody has Stage 4 cancer and gets the flu and dies, he is coded as a cancer death. If somebody has Stage 4 cancer and gets COVID and dies, he is coded as a COVID death. $76,000 of government money per COVID patient. Zero $$ for flu.

Math is off. If 1,000,000 get COVID, less than 3000 die.

Last edited:
The flu is not weak. This COVID is almost as deadly as seasonal flu.
Flu kills FAR more people without co-morbidities each season than COVID has.

The flu kills tens of thousands with co-morbidities each season, but we dont call them "Flu Deaths". If somebody has Stage 4 cancer and gets the flu and dies, he is coded as a cancer death. If somebody has Stage 4 cancer and gets COVID and dies, he is coded as a COVID death. $76,000 of government money per COVID patient. Zero $$ for flu.

Math is off. If 1,000,000 get COVID, less than 3000 die.

More lies about the virus

First of all, 3% is a case fatality rate not infection (true) fatality rate. Big difference. And yet people keep throwing that 3% figure around. iFR is actually around 0.1-0.2%.

Secondly the 6% figure cited by the CDC is very good news and is in line with what we already knew; however, that does not mean that only 6% are real COVID deaths. What this does mean is that you are at an extremely low risk of dying if you are healthy and have almost zero risk if you are young.

Two things can be true. I am not saying either is, but I hate the prison of two ideas. Let's use the hypothetical:

So if say only 1 percent will die from catching it. 99% survival rate. Sounds great. But if it spreads over a large population, that one percent racks up the deaths. Even at one tenth of one percent, if you spread that out over millions, it adds up.

My point is that vast, vast majority of us will survive this thing. BUT we are all likely to get it as it spreads like a monster. Let's not keep everything closed and freak out over every report of cases. AND let's not dismiss this out of hand and not try to impede the spread as much as possible.

Understand...and fair points. All hindsight, but in looking back, shutting down the economy was the wrong thing to do. Wrong cure...made things much worse.

To make all of this political, is just simply WRONG. It will backfire, most aren’t that stupid.

Understand...and fair points. All hindsight, but in looking back, shutting down the economy was the wrong thing to do. Wrong cure...made things much worse.

To make all of this political, is just simply WRONG. It will backfire, most aren’t that stupid.
Greed on all points

Reactions: Kylo Ren
First of all, 3% is a case fatality rate not infection (true) fatality rate. Big difference. And yet people keep throwing that 3% figure around. iFR is actually around 0.1-0.2%.

Secondly the 6% figure cited by the CDC is very good news and is in line with what we already knew; however, that does not mean that only 6% are real COVID deaths. What this does mean is that you are at an extremely low risk of dying if you are healthy and have almost zero risk if you are young.

Yep.. it definitely isn't 3%..

Obviously, you make a fair point but you simply can't ignore the fact that a large percentage of covid deaths occurred in nursing homes where the average life expectancy is under 1 yr. Like the flu, the disease is terrible for someone that is already in a near death state.

That doesn't mean it can't take an otherwise healthy young adult but it's pretty clear now who we need to be protecting and who is capable of living a normal life with virtually no risk of becoming horribly ill.
So I have high blood pressure. If I get Covid and die, it doesn't really count. It's my fault. You don't need to wear a mask because if I die it's not your fault.

I'm 58 yrs old, have mild hypertension and due to arthritis in my knees, not in the best shape of my life. I understand my risk and behave accordingly but I do not expect my 18 yr old nephew to change the way he lives his life to protect me.

Last edited:

It should not count as a covid death if your death after having the flu would not count as a flu death. That's all he said. Paying hospitals for reporting covid deaths opened the door to massive fraud. They might as well have been paying a bounty.
Do you disagree?

Hear machine for Covid?

It should not count as a covid death if your death after having the flu would not count as a flu death. That's all he said. Paying hospitals for reporting covid deaths opened the door to massive fraud. They might as well have been paying a bounty.
Do you disagree?

Imo, there are plenty of cases where people were seriously ill but died due to covid. My aunt's brother was suffering from leukemia but died of covid. He certainly had a comorbidity but his life was definitely shortened by a considerable amount by the virus.

Bottom line, we know who to protect and who to turn loose. It's time to get back to normal.

You don't need to wear a mask because it's like putting up a chain link fence to stop mosquitoes, ineffective.

Maybe ECMO machine?
Yes , how old and was there any preexisting conduction. I am asking just for myself, looking at how it really is effecting people. It is so hard to believe written reports and studies. I hope people on here are as honest as I am about me just wanting to know. You telling me and me asking,I hope.

Yes , how old and was there any preexisting conduction. I am asking just for myself, looking at how it really is effecting people. It is so hard to believe written reports and studies. I hope people on here are as honest as I am about me just wanting to know. You telling me and me asking,I hope.

Honestly. I think what I’ve learned since March, is it is hard for some people to acknowledge the magnitude of the virus if it hasn’t directly impacted their loved ones. I may be the same way if my Father hadn’t of died in April. 2 otheR very healthy family members in Cali also had the virus. One was hospitalized and one wasn’t. They are still dealing w side effects. I’m rambling.... bottom line is I sincerely try to see all sides from a non political angle and make my decisions accordingly. It’s heartbreaking to see our country so divided and in turmoil.

Honestly. I think what I’ve learned since March, is it is hard for some people to acknowledge the magnitude of the virus if it hasn’t directly impacted their loved ones. I may be the same way if my Father hadn’t of died in April. 2 otheR very healthy family members in Cali also had the virus. One was hospitalized and one wasn’t. They are still dealing w side effects. I’m rambling.... bottom line is I sincerely try to see all sides from a non political angle and make my decisions accordingly. It’s heartbreaking to see our country so divided and in turmoil.
Sorry about your family struggles with this tragedy. The rest I agree so wholeheartedly

This is a great thread from Emory Epi which I found useful in explaining the latest CDC info which seems to have gone viral in many interpretations. I prefer to have it broken down by an Epi.

Reactions: celticdawg
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT