ADVERTISEMENT

New items in shortage?

LochDawg

On a boat in the USVI
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2014
heading to Cruz Bay, USVI
Helium?

Not enough located in a run around today……Hot dog buns?

and future item in shortage per a employee at a retail store…tampons?

—-
Learned this:
Helium is mined along with natural gas, using a drill rig to drill wells deep into the earth’s crust. A drill rig must penetrate a layer called the Cap Rock to reach a natural gas reserve. Once located, the natural gas and Helium rise and fill the rig, which are then led through a series of piping systems that transport the natural gas and crude Helium to a refining plant.

Most crude Helium tapped from natural gas reserves is only around 50% pure, so other gases must be separated through a scrubbing process. There is a significant amount of nitrogen in crude Helium, as well as methane gases that must be removed.

and this:

Tampons are the latest victim of the U.S. supply chain shortage. Here's how one small business is keeping them in stock. First it was baby formula, now it's tampons. The summer of 2022 is shaping up to be the season of the great tampon shortage with both cotton and plastic in high demand and low quantity.

Thanks for the update on Helium. I will pass on to my kids too.

I’m reading about mining for helium now.

1280px-Helium_Map_-_USGS_Minerals_Yearbook_2012.png

Well, we only had Baby formula and tampons capabilities for half of the world population. In the last couple of years we have found out that the entire population is capable of birthing babies. Logistically, it was bound to happen. We, as a population, never had a chance.

Distilled water. Go figure. I went to Walgreens, CVS, and 2 Publix yesterday. Not a drop to be had.
Guy at CVS said whenever they get some in, the dentist across the street comes over and wipes them out.
Why should distilled water be in short supply?

Reactions: deadduckdawg
Get used to it in bidens world. It’s going to be one item after another until famine hits. Stock up now on what you need. This is engineered and it’s only going to expand and worsen.

oh by the way, just buy an electric car

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT