ADVERTISEMENT

Nobody can even pretend the AJC hasn't declared war on UGA this point. But I was trying to figure out why they think it's a good idea...

BaronVonHeinsteidel

Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2007
What I came up with is that the world has chosen an us vs them way of going about life (politics, old v young, etc.). Trying to be universal, doesn't hit the mark. Niche audiences are what attracts people. I could go on and on, but you get the idea.

Most people in Ga have strong opinions about UGA. Most people love UGA in the state of GA, but those who don't love UGA, often have an abject hatred of UGA (whether it's fans of another school, pseudo-acadmemics, hipsters... you get it). And believe it or not, there's lots of them. The AJC is an old flailing print-news publication. My thinking is The hate-watch, rubber necking, sensationalism and click-baiting will generate far more interest than neutral/vanilla news reporting.

I suspect this will become the paper's raison d'etre beyond Judd's antics.

But again, even the skeptics have to admit this is petty now. It was obvious when they were making up baseless headlines (complete tabloid shit) between the Willock story breaks. But reasonable people were giving them latitude because of the apparent real journalism at the time.

Last edited:
This is premium content. Please subscribe to view.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News